CNN: A Week Like No other

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

CNN: A Week Like No other

Post by jserraglio » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 am

The Lord of Misrule rules . . . for now.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/13/politics/ ... ssia-week/
A week of political bedlam has left a presidency in crisis, Washington in uproar and the national psyche increasingly addled. A whole administration's worth of shocks, contradictions and blockbuster moments has uncoiled in the space of a few days, challenging the credibility of the White House and the vital legal institutions that sustain government. Orchestrating the chaos, as always, was President Donald Trump, who largely stayed out of public view but managed to incite pandemonium nonetheless.
The NY Times take on the Sean Spicer WH press briefings: "The soap opera at the White House is outscoring actual soaps like General Hospital and The Bold and the Beautiful, which typically air around the same time. Mr. Spicer’s ratings are on par with prime-time entertainment like MasterChef Junior on Fox and the ABC sitcom Dr. Ken, which draw around four million viewers each."

lennygoran

Re: CNN: A Week Like No other

Post by lennygoran » Sat May 13, 2017 6:50 am

jserraglio wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 am
The NY Times take on the Sean Spicer WH press briefings: "The soap opera at the White House is outscoring actual soaps like General Hospital and The Bold and the Beautiful
There sure right about outscoring my TV shows-when I'm watching it's not soaps but CNN-Sue has had to drag me out to do my share of the gardening-I still haven't watched last week's 60 Minutes on my DVR-when the TV goes on I'm immediately drawn to CNN. Regards, Len :(