"Psychology Today"

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

"Psychology Today"

Post by Belle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 am

Here is an excellent site which is run by psychiatrists, at least two of whom are both very well known in their fields. Dr. Raj Pesaud has written extensively about internet trolls and we saw a BBC program about this only last Monday. The other doctor, Peter Bruggen, is my husband's first cousin, largely retired and he probably also still writes for the 'Huffington Post'.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/experts ... bruggen-md

There's an excellent item here on "Being Alone" which I thought might be of interest. Raj and Peter obviously share this site with other experts who contribute to "Psychology Today" and this one on being alone is excellent. There are also other very good articles which you'll see on the menu. I could relate to the being alone article since I'm an extrovert but I wouldn't see myself as especially 'sociable'. Fact is, much of the time I'm very happy with my own company and/or that of my husband. I've always felt this was perfectly normal. Apparently society views that somewhat differently!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/li ... eing-alone

Being single isn't for everybody, but there's something going on with the whole male/female relationship thing. I've met so many 30 something women who don't have either partners or dates. My son and his fiance work in our national parliament and she was recently telling me about the 'man shortage', saying she has an attractive and intelligent colleague/friend who, at 28, complains that she hasn't had a date for 5 years; she's just never asked out by males!!! When I saw her picture and what a 'babe' she is this simply amazed me (although my prospective daughter-in-law did say there are a tremendous number of gay men - and women - working in our parliament and the press gallery!).