WSJ: Bob Mueller impanels grand jury in Russia-Trump probe

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

WSJ: Bob Mueller impanels grand jury in Russia-Trump probe

Post by jserraglio » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:16 pm

WSJ via REUTERS

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1AJ2RA

The Russians infested the Trump campaign like cockroaches. Yet the team has "collective amnesia" about ever seeing them.

lennygoran

Re: WSJ: Bob Mueller impanels grand jury in Russia-Trump probe

Post by lennygoran » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Great news-subpoenas, more follow the Trump money work, transcripts of what Trump actually said during the infamous Mexican and Australian telephone calls! Regards, Len :lol:

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Sources telling news outlets tonite the Mueller DC grand jury will look into obstruction of justice by POTUS. Which is why the grand jury is located in DC, the venue where the putative OOJ would have occurred.

Trump's lawyers maintaining he is not a target even though he is. Mueller hiring 16 lawyers that constitute a virtual law firm of the best litigators in the country. Ignoring impotent Trump's "red line" threat and looking into his family money.

This ain't a church bingo ponzi scheme.

The shocking transcripts released today (when ever has such a damaging leak occurred?) reveal the president to be exactly what Russia called him this week after he caved to Congress on sanctions: weak and impotent. Mexican president confronts him, he backs down. Aussie PM confronts him, he hangs up. POTUS/WUSS

arepo

Post by arepo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 pm

The plot thickens and the demise of Mr.Trump is in the process of becoming reality.
I wish Robert Mueller Godspeed in his quest to rid our nation of this vermin from a role he is so totally unqualified to possess.
cliftwood

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 am

arepo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 pm
The plot thickens and the demise of Mr.Trump is in the process of becoming reality.
I wish Robert Mueller Godspeed in his quest to rid our nation of this vermin from a role he is so totally unqualified to possess.
cliftwood
"Most people know there were no Russians in our campaign, there never were," Trump said during a campaign-style rally in Huntington, W.Va. last nite.

Yeah, right, the Russians are like vermin scampering all over the place yet nobody can remember ever feeling one crawl across their face. "Collective amnesia." George Will calls it.

Another thing I learned last nite: Impaneling the grand jury in Wash DC provides Mueller with a venue where juries are far more likely to convict (if he is ever permitted to indict and go to trial) than they would be in Eastern Virginia where the first grand jury sat.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 am

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 am
they would be in Eastern Virginia where the first grand jury sat.
You say "sat"-are they still sitting there in Virginia-I see Mueller has taken control of them though? Are there 2 grand juries? Regards, Len

"Reuters reported Friday that Mueller will now oversee an ongoing federal grand-jury investigation in eastern Virginia into Flynn’s relationship with Turkish businessman Ekim Alpetkin. According to Reuters, Alpetkin’s company Inovo paid Flynn’s lobbying firm $530,000 during the fall of 2016 to research and film a documentary about exiled Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen, a political foe of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan who lives in Pennsylvania."

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:13 am

lennygoran wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 am
jserraglio wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 am
they would be in Eastern Virginia where the first grand jury sat.
You say "sat"-are they still sitting there in Virginia-I see Mueller has taken control of them though? Are there 2 grand juries?
Sorry about using the past tense sat--yes, they're still at it in VA.

Just as Trump likes war heroes who were never captured, I like grand juries that are in session and busy, busy, busy.

AFAIK, there are three juries now impaneled and all are active. In this matter, one can never have too many grand juries.

1. The Flynn/None Dare Call It Treason jury in Alex. Va.
2. The Trump/LTD jury in New York City, with Trump Tower at ground zero.
3. The new Trump/OJ jury in Wash. DC. (that's OJ as in obstructing justice, not O.J. Simpson).

There might soon be a fourth, the Trump/Putin jury in Moscow! Vladimir being pissed off that his American surrogates could not nix the sanctions after he helped them win a certain election.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:29 am

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:13 am
AFAIK, there are three juries now impaneled and all are active. In this matter, one can never have too many grand juries.
Thanks so much for clearing this up for me-I agree with what you say! Regards, Len