Trump Implodes

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Trump Implodes

Post by lennygoran » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Just happened to turn my TV on today about 4PM to watch some DVRed shows-there was Trump on with CNN covering his news conference and he was imploding-loved it-this has got to hurt him-of course not with his base. Regards, Len :D

jserraglio

Re: Trump Implodes

Post by jserraglio » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Trump went to the Trump Tower press conference with a printout in his pocket containing his original statement on Charlottesville which he read to the assembled reporters. That printout was his tiki torch.

So he did not "go rogue", as the WH is saying on background. His statements were deliberate. He went there "locked and loaded", prepared to deal out "fire and fury".

Trump flailed around like a teacher who has lost control of his class. Striking was the open disrespect (repeatedly shouting him down) the reporters showed to Trump, who of course had instigated it by his own contempt for them.

Richard Painter, Bush 43 WH ethics lawyer and lifelong Republican, has been calling for impeachment and removal of POTUS since DJT leaked top secrets to the Russians in mid May.

Sooner or later, the GOP will have no choice but to force him to resign and replace him with Pence. Probably later, after a lot more blood has been shed and a lot more damage done.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:39 am

jserraglio wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 pm
Trump flailed around like a teacher who has lost control of his class.
That's too easy on Trump-many teachers have good intentions and want to be good but lose control of classes--however Trump doesn't have such intentions-with him its selfishness, evil, bragging rights, probably cheating, probably collusion-he's got to go but must not be allowed to pardon himself!

Now to a tweet from a real President:

Barack Obama

@BarackObama

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."
8:06 PM - Aug 12, 2017

48,842 48,842 Replies
1,240,989 1,240,989 Retweets

And then there's this-is it "like father like son"

In 1927, Donald Trump’s father was arrested after a Klan riot in Queens

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... b13994fe81

Regards, Len :(

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 am

The sins of the father should not be visited on his son, unless of course he commits them.
Last edited by jserraglio on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 am

"I'm not yet willing to impugn his motives."

When I tried to post a reply this came up?
Information

The requested post does not exist.
Anyway here's what I say

This is where my man Mueller comes in! Maybe he'll need quite a bit more time and maybe his recommendation to Congress might come when the numbers have changed although I admit the Democrats will have plenty of trouble gaining control of either the House or the Senate. Regards, Len :(