Comments from Hillary

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

arepo

Comments from Hillary

Post by arepo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm

From Time Magazine..
​My Skin Crawled.’ Hillary Clinton Describes Tense Moment During Debate With Donald Trump

Katie Reilly

10:27 AM ET

In an excerpt from her upcoming book, Hillary Clinton said her "skin crawled" during the second presidential debate last year when Donald Trump hovered behind her while she spoke.

"Two days before, the world heard him brag about groping women. Now we were on a small stage and no matter where I walked, he followed me closely, staring at me, making faces," Clinton said in an excerpt from her book obtained by MSNBC. "It was incredibly uncomfortable. He was literally breathing down my neck. My skin crawled."

The memorable interaction became fodder for Saturday Night Live, and Clinton said she has since questioned whether she handled the situation well.

"It was one of those moments where you wish you could hit pause and ask everyone watching, ‘Well, what would you do?’ Do you stay calm, keep smiling and carry on as if he weren’t repeatedly invading your space? Or do you turn, look him in the eye and say loudly and clearly, ‘Back up, you creep. Get away from me. I know you love to intimidate women, but you can’t intimidate me, so back up,'" Clinton said.

"I chose Option A, I kept my cool, aided by a lifetime of dealing with difficult men trying to throw me off," she added. "I did, however, grip the microphone extra hard. I wonder, though, whether I should have chosen Option B. It certainly would have been better TV. Maybe I have over-learned the lesson of staying calm, biting my tongue, digging my fingernails into a clenched fist, smiling all the while, determined to present a composed face to the world.”

Clinton's book, titled What Happened, is set to be released Sept. 12. She said it will address historic moments during the campaign that she remembers fondly in addition to moments she regrets.

"Every day that I was a candidate for president, I knew that millions of people were counting on me, and I couldn't bear the idea of letting them down, but I did," she said in the book excerpt. "I couldn't get the job done, and I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life."

I felt the same reaction.

Cliftwood

lennygoran

Re: Comments from Hillary

Post by lennygoran » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:07 pm

SNL handled it this way! Regards, Len :lol:

david johnson

Post by david johnson » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:15 am

Does she rally think anyone wants to grope her? I don't care much for Trump, but I detest Hil.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:37 am

david johnson wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:15 am
Does she rally think anyone wants to grope her? I don't care much for Trump, but I detest Hil.
But she doesn`t specifically talk about being groped by Trump-isn`t it more about intimidation? Regards, Len

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:07 pm

david johnson wrote:
Does she rally think anyone wants to grope her?.
Donald Trump would no doubt applaud this query. Did he not ask much the same about the woman on the plane who accused him of groping her?

The rest of humanity needs to understand that the Donald is a simple, down-to-earth Gertrude Stein kind of guy: for him "A queynte is a queynte is a queynte is a queynte." His appetite for women is undifferentiated, all-encompassingly voracious and fueled by lust -- for power.

For her part, Hillary woulda been understandably nervous to find herself caught in the swinish penileumbra of this fledgling Commander-of-Creep.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:44 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:07 pm
The rest of humanity needs to understand that the Donald is a simple, down-to-earth Gertrude Stein kind of guy: for him "A queynte is a queynte is a queynte is a queynte." His appetite for women is undifferentiated, all-encompassingly voracious and fueled by lust -- for power.
This reference to Gertrude Stein made me think about Picasso-where would he stand on all this? Regards, Len :)

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Both PP and DJT relished anatomical correct models. Can't think of anything else they had in common.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:06 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:03 pm
PP and DJT shared a fascination with anatomical correctness. That's about all they had in common.
Are you sure about that-what about their egos-what about how they treated women? Regards, Len

david johnson

Post by david johnson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:53 am

Those who intend to believe that anybody wants to grope Hil, or that she really thought he
would do it are, no doubt, set in their ways. I've known of Mrs. Clinton since she was first
lady in my home state. Do not believe what she says regarding most anything.
I supported Bill with my vote for his terms as governor and president. But his wife? ...never

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:40 am

david johnson wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:53 am
I've known of Mrs. Clinton since she was first lady in my home state. Do not believe what she says regarding most anything.
Clinton is credible. She never said she thought Trump would grope her. She said he had acted boorishly and that she had felt nervous because of the recently released Access Hollywood video.
david johnson wrote:
Does she rally [sic] think anyone wants to grope her?.
Implying that Clinton is not attractive enough to warrant Trump's attentions is the kind of sexually charged innuendo he himself uses to demean his critics and discredit his accusers.

After The Donald had ridiculed Mika Brzezinski as "bleeding from a face-lift, " a conservative political analyst described pretty precisely Trump's brand of misogyny:
"Dear @realDonaldTrump,

You are a pig.
Sincerely,
Bill Kristol
Last edited by jserraglio on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

david johnson

Post by david johnson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 am

No, she is NOT credible. Period.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm

david johnson wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 am
No, she is NOT credible. Period.
Is Clinton's 'What Happened' actually what happened?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

david johnson

Post by david johnson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:22 am

No. She lost because she was not electable. The Democrats were dumb for running her. I have voted Dem. plenty of times. I still can't believe they ran her.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:39 am

On NPR yesterday Hillary refused to rule out challenging the outcome of the election. Smart.

President HRC has an even nicer ring to it now. I wonder if the Donald will show up at her inauguration, as she so graciously did for his.