Sign in problems

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

AlanM

Sign in problems

Post by AlanM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:23 am

Each time I attempt to sign in I have to log in. This has been happening consecutively for at least a week or more. It happened once in awhile before then but not all the time. Could the new ios11 be the cause? This does not happen with any other forum I look into. Can someone make suggestions or help? I have been a member for at least ten years and look in several times a day.

John F

Re: Sign in problems

Post by John F » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 am

Could be that the cookie with which your browser logs in automatically has been corrupted or gone away. If your browser allows it, find and delete the CMG cookie and then log in here. The browser should offer to remember the password, and when you say OK, automatic logins should work again.
John Francis

AlanM

Post by AlanM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:25 am

John: Thanks for the suggestion. I deleted the cookie but that did not work. I always click on Remember Me, but that does not work. And each time I log in, there is atwo step process. I log in, then have to log in again with a code provided to guarantee that I am not a hacker or a machine. It’s too time consuming and tiring.

Is a website bug causing this?

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:41 pm

AlanM wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:25 am
John: Thanks for the suggestion. I deleted the cookie but that did not work. I always click on Remember Me, but that does not work. And each time I log in, there is atwo step process. I log in, then have to log in again with a code provided to guarantee that I am not a hacker or a machine. It’s too time consuming and tiring.

Is a website bug causing this?
I too have been forced to dance the CMG Two-Step for months now, but only on Apple iOS: I am running iOS 8 on an ancient iPad 2 that I refuse to give up cuz I use it to grade papers. Haven't been able to figure out a fix yet, but I have some time off from now till Monday and am gonna make it my business to do so and post if I succeed.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Clean installed Chrome as a second browser. Same double-clutch problem on the first attempt at logging in. So it can't be cookies. Looks like CMG's software is not playing nice with ANY version of iOS b/c I am running v.8.

AlanM

Post by AlanM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 pm

As I have indicated elsewhere in this forum, and like J. Serraglio, I too am using Apple iou, in this case 11. But strangely, I only have to do the two stepon my ipad mini 2, not on my iphone se, which takes me in using Quick links. I have sent this informaion to those in charge of the forum, hoping they can do something or make a suggestion. Could re-registering fix the problem? I look in something like five or six times a day using my ipad. The iphone is too small to use comfortably.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 am

AlanM wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 pm
strangely, I only have to do the two stepon my ipad mini 2, not on my iphone se ...... I look in something like five or six times a day using my ipad. The iphone is too small to use comfortably.
I get precisely the same login problems on the iPhone4 running iOS 9.3.5 as I do on the iPad2 running iOS 8. Once I get logged in on the Apple phone or tablet, however, either device seems to remember my credentials for quite a while. I did not try the Qiuick Links backdoor.

I have adjusted to the iPhone4's tiny screen and use it a lot on CMG now for posting, even though I am dyslexic and have to edit over and over on the fly to get things right. I am typing this msg on a 3.5" screen and it's working out quite well in spite of a brain gone haywire forcing me to make countless edits.

Don't hold yr breath while waiting for tech support to solve this problem; nevertheless, it's pretty clear that CMG's bbs system is not optimized for iOS. It's still a WinTel world.