AOL AIM Dec Closing

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

AOL AIM Dec Closing

Post by lennygoran » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:20 am

I'm having trouble understanding this-don't quite know how this will effect me-I am still using my old compuserve email account but I know I had an email with aol.aim. Regards, Len [confused]

Once Its AIM Was True, But Soon AOL's Instant Messenger Will Be No More

October 6, 20173:42 PM ET

Scott Neuman
Twitter

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... be-no-more

John F

Re: AOL AIM Dec Closing

Post by John F » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:38 am

AIM - AOL Instant Messaging - is not the same as email. As far as I can tell - I never used it - it's more like today's text messaging and Twitter. Unless you are an AIM user, I believe its demise won't affect you at all; your email and logins to AOL and CompuServe should work as before.
John Francis

lennygoran

Re: AOL AIM Dec Closing

Post by lennygoran » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:55 am

John F wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:38 am
AIM - AOL Instant Messaging - is not the same as email. As far as I can tell - I never used it - it's more like today's text messaging and Twitter. Unless you are an AIM user, I believe its demise won't affect you at all; your email and logins to AOL and CompuServe should work as before.
John thanks-now instant messaging is coming back to me-I think that was something that allowed someone to make themselves known to me when I was on/line-if that's what I'm thinking I hated that and gave it up-I'd be writing a message or something and would get interrupted. Anyway as long as they keep that email alive I'm happy! Regards, Len