Firefox What's New Page

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Firefox What's New Page

Post by lennygoran » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:50 am

When I opened up firefox this morning this page came up first. Regards, Len

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/5 ... ion=55.0.3

jserraglio

Re: Firefox What's New Page

Post by jserraglio » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 am

I believe you are simply being alerted that your browser has been auto-updated. I assume the browser has been set to show the last page used on start up, rather than the home page.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am

jserraglio wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 am
I believe you are simply being alerted that your browser has been auto-updated. I assume the browser has been set to show the last page used on start up, rather than the home page.
Thanks, I'm not sure what's changed-what happens and it happened today as well-I click on firefox and the page comes up and asks if I want to restore all the tabs I had when I closed down-I'm keeping open about 12 tabs just for the sake of convenience-so far everything seems to be working fine. Regards, Len

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm

lennygoran wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am
jserraglio wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 am
Thanks, I'm not sure what's changed-what happens and it happened today as well-I click on firefox and the page comes up and asks if I want to restore all the tabs I had when I closed down-I'm keeping open about 12 tabs just for the sake of convenience-so far everything seems to be working fine. Regards, Len
Sounds like the browser closed down abnormally and now they want to know if you want to restore your last session. Nothing to worry about. But you might want to go into Settings and check your preference for what you want the browser to do at startup. In your case, probably you want "Continue where you left off".

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm
But you might want to go into Settings and check your preference for what you want the browser to do at startup. In your case, probably you want "Continue where you left off".
Thanks but I have to admit I've never seen something from firefox that involves settings--how would I get to settings? Regards, Len

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:46 am

lennygoran wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 pm
jserraglio wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm
But you might want to go into Settings and check your preference for what you want the browser to do at startup. In your case, probably you want "Continue where you left off".
Thanks but I have to admit I've never seen something from firefox that involves settings--how would I get to settings? Regards, Len
sorry, maybe others can help, I use Opera and Chrome, not Firefox. all browsers have settings on a popup menu: try over on the right of the browser window or google your question.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 am

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:46 am
try over on the right of the browser window or google your question.
Thanks-right now things are working fine. Regards, Len

John F

Post by John F » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am

If your Firefox screen has a menu bar across the top, with File on the left, click on Tools which is toward the right. Then click on Options.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:38 am

John F wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am
If your Firefox screen has a menu bar across the top, with File on the left, click on Tools which is toward the right. Then click on Options.
Thanks, yes I have that and it gets me to options and settings. Regards, Len