Flynn is reportedly prepared to testify Trump ordered him to contact Russians

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Flynn is reportedly prepared to testify Trump ordered him to contact Russians

Post by jserraglio » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Brian Ross of ABC News reports today that Mike Flynn has decided to cooperate fully with Mueller and testify against Trump, the Trump family and his associates in the White House both before and after the election.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/9 ... 96/video/1

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mich ... d=50849354
Last edited by jserraglio on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lennygoran

Re: Flynn is reportedly prepared to testify Candidate Trump ordered him to contact Russians

Post by lennygoran » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:34 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:19 pm
Brian Ross of ABC News reports today that Mike Flynn has decided to cooperate fully with Mueller and testify against Trump, the Trump family and his associates in the White House both before and after the election.
Wow, I've been watching CNN all day and was thinking Kushner is in big trouble-oh if only he talks out against moron Trump my day will be made! Regards, Len [fingers crossed] :D

jserraglio

Re: Flynn is reportedly prepared to testify Candidate Trump ordered him to contact Russians

Post by jserraglio » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:28 pm

I think Mueller already knows which big fish Flynn has offered to testify against in exchange for a potential Get Out of Jail Free card. The threat is that nobody knows what Mueller's next move will be, so they gotta be freaking out tonite in the WH.

But based solely on the Statement of Offense released in court today, there are now two additional "senior" or "very senior" officials on the Presidential Transition Team, besides Flynn, who could implicate Trump in a conspiracy with the Russians to undercut Obama's Russian sanctions for election interference. I suspect that Mr. Mueller will soon be having a chat with Mr. Jared Kushner and Ms. KT McFarland and making them an offer they cannot refuse.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:46 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:28 pm
I think Mueller already knows which big fish Flynn has offered to testify against in exchange for a potential Get Out of Jail Free card. The threat is that nobody knows what Mueller's next move will be, so they gotta be freaking out tonite in the WH.

But based solely on the Statement of Offense released in court today, there are now two additional "senior" or "very senior" officials on the Presidential Transition Team, besides Flynn, who could implicate Trump in a conspiracy with the Russians to undercut Obama's Russian sanctions for election interference. I suspect that Mr. Mueller will soon be having a chat with Mr. Jared Kushner and Ms. KT McFarland and making them an offer they cannot refuse.
KT Mcfarland-brand new name for me!
http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-w ... 03133.html

Len

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:08 am

Trump is in a box of his own making.

Even if Mueller finds that there was no indictable collusion to rig the 2016 election, there's an excellent chance that Trump has obstructed justice. Now he probably would not be impeached even for that by a Republican House who loves him to distraction, but if he then throws a fit at a Mueller finding of POTUS OOJ and other crimes by members of his family and inner circle and pardons everybody in his circle, he will have again clearly obstructed justice; furthermore, he will have precipitated a constitutional crisis about the improper use of his presidential pardon powers. In that scenario, he might very well be impeached.

The irony of it all is that apparently James Comey had determined not to pursue charges against Flynn for lying to the FBI. Mueller reached a very different conclusion after Comey was fired. Had Trump simply been content to let Comey do his job, nothing more would have happened to Flynn.

I conclude, along with the estimable Rex Tillerson that our much loved POTUS happens to be a f**king moron.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 am

They gotta get Kushner for lying-that should be a big step forward if they can prove that he lied-no amnesia-just lying! Len :lol:

jserraglio

Re: Flynn is reportedly prepared to testify Trump ordered him to contact Russians

Post by jserraglio » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Clarification and correction issued by ABC News's Brian Ross:

It was POTUS-elect, not Candidate Trump who asked Flynn to contact the Russians.

lennygoran

Re: Flynn is reportedly prepared to testify Trump ordered him to contact Russians

Post by lennygoran » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm
It was POTUS-elect, not Candidate Trump who asked Flynn to contact the Russians.
Well that's perfectly okay according to Trump-Flynn just doing his job. Too bad for Flynn he lied to the FBI. Obstruction of Justice is in the air. Regards, Len.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 am

Trump issues triumphant tweet gloating over this turn of events . . .

Brian Ross suspended by ABC News for his erroneous report which tanked the stock market last Friday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/b ... d-abc.html

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:47 am

jserraglio wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 am
Trump issues triumphant tweet gloating over this turn of events . . .
Thanks for this alert-this is of course very disappointing for me-would it be correct to say further investigation might very well show this news is true? How terrible that Trump gets more ammo for his Fake News tweets. Regards, Len :(