James Damore sues Google

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

James Damore sues Google

Post by Belle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:22 pm

This will be one to watch because it will essentially be a test case:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/08/james ... ssion=true

Jordan Peterson is also considering his options, as well as Dave Rubin, after U-Tube 'demonetized' some of their material. The question is does this cartel have the right to discriminate against people whose views do not accord with their own?

Here are the precise complaints:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3686894 ... from_embed

John F

Re: James Damore sues Google

Post by John F » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:08 am

These folks had better have very deep pockets if they intend to take on Google in court. I suppose they're hoping for a settlement.
John Francis

Belle

Re: James Damore sues Google

Post by Belle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 am

John F wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:08 am
These folks had better have very deep pockets if they intend to take on Google in court. I suppose they're hoping for a settlement.
I think crowd funding is part of the mix. My understanding is that they're not hoping so much for a settlement as wanting the world to know about Google's employment practices and corporate mentality and their insistence on adherence to the Google heterodox. The plaintiffs will argue that these are actually in breach of the law. And this doesn't stop with their employment philosophy, by the way, but the controls well integrated into their U-Tube business which attempt to curtail dissenting political opinion on the platform. They demonstrate a disturbing willingness to censor divergent opinion. The irony is rich when it comes to a cartel which signals its virtue over diversity but cannot itself tolerate political diversity.