Verizon cell service - lots of problems!

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Verizon cell service - lots of problems!

Post by Lance » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm

I've been using Verizon for years, still think they are the best of all the services I have used. But they must be going through bad times. Thousands of complaints lately from all over the USA, including my area. Very poor customer service. I had nine dropped cell phone calls today so far. True, we've had about eight inches of snow overnight, towers may be snow covered or collapsed. More and more people are relying on their cell phones and have done away with land lines. I still keep my land line. But I do wonder about people who are ill, need cell service for emergencies, etc. Do we still have a long way to go with cell phone service dependability?

I still use Spectrum for Wi-Fi and landline but use DirecTV for television and have been mostly pleased with their services. They have eagerly been trying to get me back for cable TV service; deals are tremendous, but I also notice that DirecTV has increased prices substantially for me to think about going back to Spectrum for TV service.

Any thoughts on all this?
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

lennygoran

Re: Verizon cell service - lots of problems!

Post by lennygoran » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Lance wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Any thoughts on all this?
Lance I use Verizon for all my phones and the tablet and the pc-so far very good with good technicians to call for help-otoh in the last few months the server seems to being found when I click on sites to go to recently-it always comes back up after a short break in internet service. For the TV I use Comcast and am happy with them. Regards, Len

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:57 am

I'm all-Verizon these days: TV, Internet, Cell Phone....and even landline. Customer service is reasonably good, certainly better than Comcast when I had that service about 9 years ago. The only problem I've had with cell phone service is that, for several months, many incoming calls went straight to voicemail instead of "ringing." However, that hasn't happened for the past few weeks, so I'm hopeful that the problem was solved.

IcedNote

Post by IcedNote » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:52 am

I've had Verizon as my cell carrier for years. Never a problem when I lived in CA. However, during these first few weeks in NYC, I've noticed that I'm often only getting one bar of service, especially in my office building (no bueno). I'd actually been warned that Verizon isn't very good in NYC, and that AT&T is the way to go in the city. I'm going to give it more time before I decide to switch, though...

-G
Harakiried composer reincarnated as a nonprofit development guy.