Jordan Peterson talks to Patrick Coffin (yes, you read that right)

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

Jordan Peterson talks to Patrick Coffin (yes, you read that right)

Post by Belle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:03 am

Dr. Jordan Peterson talks about his new book but, more importantly, about faith and Christianity and he has a phenomenal interviewer/discussion partner here. Dr. Peterson has a brain the size of a planet and he brings the best out in his interviewer - who doesn't miss much here at all and can throw some curly questions to the Professor. Nothing much of interest before about 16 minutes and the discussion is of particular interest to those who call themselves Christian: an absolutely enthralling way to spend 45 minutes!! I'm seeing Professor Peterson's talk in 3 weeks when he comes to Sydney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iaERTETvE

I must say Dr. Peterson's penetrating mind and his Biblical Series on U-Tube has reinvigorated my interest in Christianity, not to say that it's actually driven me back to mass. I'm interested in the existential and metaphysical properties of the myths and narratives. Another public intellectual recently described Peterson as "a Ferrari engine inside a VW chassis"!!