Is Trump a Manchurian candidate? Or worse?

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Is Trump a Manchurian candidate? Or worse?

Post by jserraglio » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 am

Is Trump an unwitting Manchurian candidate, i.e., a "useful fool"? Or even worse? A conscious fellow-traveller? Given that nobody knows what Bob Mueller has assembled, Trump might be forced to make his stand, order the DOJ to fire Mueller now before the midterms, and count on Speaker Ryan to stave off impeachment. The longer Trump waits, the less likely he is to survive.

I have assembled and printed below a roughly chronological timeline of some of the Russia-related events to date:

— Trump in Russia for 2013 Miss Universe Contest: later, Putin has letter and gift box delivered to Trump Tower.
— Trump directs aide J.D. Gordon at GOP Convention to water down assistance-to-Ukraine-against-Russia platform plank.
— Manafort fired from campaign only after ties to Russia surface in press.
— Trump invites Russia to hack Hillary e-mails.
— Donald Jr meets with Russians in Trump Tower.
— Trump Sr dictates press release lying about that meeting’s purpose.
— Trump lauds WikiLeaks repeatedly for releasing Podesta e-mails.
— Jared asks Russia to set up secret back channel out of Russian embassy.
— WH takes no action after AG Yates warns about Flynn susceptibility to Russian blackmail.
— Flynn fired as NSA only after his lies to Pence about Russia surface in press.
— Sessions under oath misstates to Congress his contacts with Russians during campaign.
— Trump asks Comey to let Flynn go on any Russia charges.
— Trump fires Comey.
— Trump admits firing Comey for investigating Flynn’s ties to Russia.
— Trump gives Russians status report on Comey plus top-secret intelligence in an Oval Office meeting open only to Russian press.
— Trump orders WH counsel Don McGahn to get Mueller fired but backs down after McGahn threatens to quit.
— Flynn admits lying to FBI about Russia.
— Papadapoulos admits lying to FBI about Russia.
— Manafort indicted for Ukranian hank-panky.
— Gates admits lying to FBI about Russia.
— Mueller indicts 13 Russians for election hanky-panky; indictment alludes to unwitting accomplices.
— WH, under pressure, enforces Congress's Russian sanctions but in watered-down form.
— Huckabee Sanders refuses to link UK nerve gas attack to Russia; attacks former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe as a "bad actor."
— Tillerson attacks Russia as a bad actor verbally and in writing. Trump, furious about his anti-Russian statements, summarily fires him on Twitter the next morning, then has the WH float a concocted story about how Tillerson knew in advance he would be replaced.
— Steve Goldstein, Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy, is unceremoniously fired after he twice contradicts in writing the WH's false story about how Tillerson was fired.
— NSA H.R.McMaster delivers a blistering attack on Russia. The very same day the WH leaks that McMaster is about to be fired.
— Mueller subpoenas WH for all docs relating to Trump business dealings in Russia.
— Under pressure from Trump, Sessions fires Andrew McCabe, a key witness in Russian probe: probable motive is to discredit Comey's and McCabe's testimony as well as the Mueller probe.
— In the wake of new Russia subpoenas, Trump initiates a Twitter attack on Mueller and his team.
— Trump disregards national security team and congratulates Putin on his election win.
Last edited by jserraglio on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.

lennygoran

Re: Is Trump a Manchurian candidate? Or worse?

Post by lennygoran » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:04 am

What a wonderful list. Count me in the worse column-innocent my a..-treason, impeachment, lock him up, etc, etc! Regards, Len :lol: :lol: :lol:

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:32 am

lennygoran wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:04 am
What a wonderful list. Count me in the worse column-innocent my a..-treason, impeachment, lock him up, etc, etc!
Thanks. Seems like I'm adding to it every day. Now if I, a mere shitkickin' news junkie, can assemble such a skein of circumstance almost entirely from memory, can you IMAGINE what the top prosecutorial talent in the nation Bob Mueller has got on the dear lad?

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:46 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:32 am
almost entirely from memory[/u]
Wow I too had a memory once-not a good one but at least something-these days my memory is shot! Regards, Len :(

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 am

This list tells a damning tale, does it not? Even I was surprised, and I compiled it.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 am

jserraglio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 am
This list tells a damning tale, does it not? Even I was surprised, and I compiled it.
Yes it sure does-let's hope the tale doesn't end soon with a final Trump explosive "Mueller You're Fired." Regards, Len [very worried] :(

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 am

lennygoran wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 am
jserraglio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 am
Yes it sure does-let's hope the tale doesn't end soon with a final Trump explosive "Mueller You're Fired."
When you worry, I worry. You have a track record of your worries coming to pass, e.g., Trump winning the election when most here blew off or openly ridiculed your warnings.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 am
You have a track record of your worries coming to pass, e.g., Trump winning the election when most here blew off or openly ridiculed your warnings.
I'm not proud of this. Regards, Len :(