Ryan Won't Be Running

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Ryan Won't Be Running

Post by lennygoran » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am

He knows a bad situation when he sees it-imagine not having to deal with Trump anymore! Len :lol:

https://www.cnn.com

jserraglio

Re: Ryan Won't Be Running

Post by jserraglio » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am

lennygoran wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am
He knows a bad situation when he sees it-imagine not having to deal with Trump anymore!
9 months can seem like 9 years.

John F

Post by John F » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Six months until the fall elections, so I guess I ought to start paying attention. Not that anything I do or say will affect the outcome; my congressman and senator are Democrats and are safe, so I don't even need to vote, though I will. But it's pleasing to see congressional Republicans cut and run when, after little more than a year in control of the Senate and therefore of the government, they will face the consequences. So far, 38 Republican congressmen and 3 Republican senators are "retiring," i.e. quitting, with more to follow. So far, so good. But after last fall's debacle, I'm not predicting or assuming anything - what will be, will be.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am
lennygoran wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am
He knows a bad situation when he sees it-imagine not having to deal with Trump anymore!
9 months can seem like 9 years.
Yeah something new happens everyday-suddenly Stormy seems to have disappeared-I look forward to Cohen getting squashed! Len :x

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:22 am

lennygoran wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm
I look forward to Cohen getting squashed!
Whoa there, not so fast. Cohen was set up by the LOTUS on AF-1 last week as his fall guy. Let's see first if the Southern District of NY prosecutors can flip him. If so and they get lucky, Donald's tits might get caught in a wringer.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 pm

I'll sure settle for that! Len

Modernistfan

Post by Modernistfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:11 pm

The most prominent (at least the most notorious) Republican candidate for this seat at this point is Paul Nehlen, an alt-right Holocaust denier and anti-Semite . Nehlen ran against Ryan in the primary in 2016, losing something like 6-1. The Republicans are definitely trying to get another respectable candidate who has some local recognition on the ballot. If Nehlen wins the primary, that will undoubtedly hand the seat to the Democrats, who have a locally well-recognized union leader. Randy Bryce, a metalworker, on the primary ballot (he has already raised $5 million, mostly in small contributions. Bryce is attacking the Republicans on economic policy and jobs.