Small-ball is dead? Not in Cleveland it ain't! The Astros & Indians both did it yesterday

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Small-ball is dead? Not in Cleveland it ain't! The Astros & Indians both did it yesterday

Post by jserraglio » Mon May 28, 2018 4:25 am

Leading off the ninth yesterday against Astro hurler Carlos Rincon, Jose Ramirez saw 17 pitches and made contact 14 times. On the last pitch, he hit a double to spark a 5-run barrage that consisted only of singles. It's called "hitting behind the runner", for those who are not used to seeing their teams do it--but, hey, the World-Champ Astros did it too when they scored 6 in the bottom of the eighth to take a 5-run lead. The Indians tied the game in the 9th and went on to win in the 14th.

lennygoran

Re: Small-ball is dead? Not in Cleveland it ain't! The Astros & Indians both did it yesterday

Post by lennygoran » Mon May 28, 2018 6:24 am

jserraglio wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:25 am
the World-Champ Astros did it too when they scored 6 in the bottom of the eighth to take a 5-run lead. The Indians tied the game in the 9th and went on to win in the 14th.
Wow that must have been some game-I see Cleveland came back with a run a second time before finally winning it-a game like that could make me a TV addict to sports again-still I'd have to give up CNN! Regards, Len :lol:

jserraglio

Re: Small-ball is dead? Not in Cleveland it ain't! The Astros & Indians both did it yesterday

Post by jserraglio » Mon May 28, 2018 6:38 am

Condensed game. I recorded the entire game. Problem with this video is that it cuts out most of the Astros' amazing 6-run explosion in the 8th and Yuli Gurriel's impossible grab at first base that robbed Jose Ramirez of a game-winning hit in the 9th. The Astros are a GREAT team, and classy to boot. I would have no problem with their repeating as world champs.