Why I Stay In Secaucus and Use Public Transportation

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Why I Stay In Secaucus and Use Public Transportation

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:40 am

On Wed we made a bad decision with regard to NYC-we had to get to York Ave on the upper eastside of NYC and elected to take the car in-we left our house in the boondocks of NJ at 8:30 in the morning and didn't get to our location until 12:00 because of various traffic tie-ups-sure made me appreciate public transportation which we usually use-oh there was the trip back-had to leave during the rush hour-another 2 and one half hours down the drain-well at least we're retired. We're back in NYC on April 18th for a Don G at the Met-we'll really appreciate our Secaucus hotel and public transportation for that! BTW coming back with 9th Ave we passed Lincoln Center and went south to the Lincoln tunnel-it looked like a war zone-does that road ever need infrastructure! Regards, Len

Ricordanza

Re: Why I Stay In Secaucus and Use Public Transportation

Post by Ricordanza » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:48 am

When we go to NYC, we also avoid driving in Manhattan. We haven't tried the Secaucus option. We either take the ferry from Weehawken (which includes a free shuttle bus to midtown) or take the NJ Transit train from the Hamilton station (near Trenton).

I grew up in New York and learned to drive there. I'm nostalgic for many things in New York....but driving in the city is not one of them.

lennygoran

Re: Why I Stay In Secaucus and Use Public Transportation

Post by lennygoran » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:10 am

Ricordanza wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:48 am
We either take the ferry from Weehawken (which includes a free shuttle bus to midtown) or take the NJ Transit train from the Hamilton station (near Trenton).
Hank we've taken the ferry from Weehawken--we love riding NYC ferries-many places to get to from pier 13! We rarely ride NJ Transit but I know people who have found that Hamilton Station very useful. Talk about cities we so enjoyed being near the Philadelphia Flower Show in early March at the Hampton Inn-a 3 minute walk to the convention center and the Reading Market! Regards, Len