Trevor Bauer's next pitch might be for the Yanks. His last one yesterday was launched into CF's batter's eye screen

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Trevor Bauer's next pitch might be for the Yanks. His last one yesterday was launched into CF's batter's eye screen

Post by jserraglio » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:46 am

Last edited by jserraglio on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

lennygoran

Re: Trevor Bauer - his next pitch might be for the Yanks; last pitch yesterday was launched into center-field batter's

Post by lennygoran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:59 am

I'm waiting for trump to tweet on this before I make up my mind! Regards, Len [fleeing]

lennygoran

Re: Trevor Bauer's next pitch might be for the Yanks. His last one yesterday was launched into CF's batter's eye screen

Post by lennygoran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 am

Wow I had never even heard of Trevor Bauer-wonder if he's related to the Yankees right fielder from many years ago Hank Bauer? Regards, Len

Anyway there's this:

Did Trevor Bauer's Support for Trump Cost Indians the ALDS?

https://www.newsweek.com/trevor-bauer-d ... ort-683103

jserraglio

Re: Trevor Bauer's next pitch might be for the Yanks. His last one yesterday was launched into CF's batter's eye screen

Post by jserraglio » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am

If the NYY nab him this week. you will definitely be hearing the name Trevor Bauer. When he's on his stuff is unhittable and he can easily throw 120 pitches/game. The Indians can't afford to pay him $20 million after this season. And he's just 28 yrs old.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am
The Indians can't afford to pay him $20 million after this season. And he's just 28 yrs old.
If he supports Trump I don't want him!

"Conspiracy theories and politics

Bauer describes himself as a "socially liberal free-market capitalist".[38] Although at first he claimed to have voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 United States presidential election,[39] he later said he did not vote at all, but that he thought Trump would "shake up the system".[38] He has criticized American media for a liberal bias in its coverage of the president.[40]

Bauer has voiced his support of conspiracy theories such as climate change denial and the birther movement associated with Barack Obama.[40] On May 22, 2018, Bauer was accused of carving BD 911 into the pitcher's mound, a reference to a conspiracy theory that indicated "Bush did 9/11". Bauer later wrote on Twitter that he wrote BD 91.1 and that the numbers and letters were meaningful to him personally and completely unrelated to the September 11 attacks.[41]

Bauer has become known for his active Twitter feed, where he has argued about politics with other users, joked that one should kill himself, bragged about how smart he is, and tweeted that "690%" of his teammates were fellow Trump supporters. He said that the MLB Commissioner's Office tried to censor him for sharing his opinions.[42] "

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 am

Baseball trumps politics for me. He throws strikes, not tweets.

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:24 am

Sounds like a current version of Curt Schilling: talented pitcher, fierce competitor, creepy politics.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 am

Trump's a creep, not all his followers are. I would not want to answer for my own head swivels to the extreme right and then to the far left at the tender age of 28.

I'll fess up: I love the kid just like he is, screw-ups and all. Bauer would never admit it but I think ( and so do several others better placed to know than I) that the trade rumors are affecting his on-the-field performance.

"More than one teammate and coach has told Bauer, 'you need to grow up'.” https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clevel ... utType=amp

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:28 am

jserraglio wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 am
Trump's a creep, not all his followers are.
Where would Moscow Mitch fit in here! Regards, Len :lol:

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm

Machiavel?

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:44 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm
Machiavel?
That seems to work for me? Len from hyde park, ny

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:53 am

Bauer to be traded to the Reds. Commies or Chumpian red caps?