Bumbling Boris

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

Bumbling Boris

Post by Belle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:38 pm

If ever there was a politician who proves my thesis that they are drawn from the society - and don't 'lead' the society - demonstrating all its faults and failings, this is the one:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/04/0 ... oritarian/

When societies believe in nothing it's not in the least surprising that their political leaders don't either. Johnson is a shallow man, who flips from one crazy idea to another and is a good talker; how very 21st century!!

jserraglio

Re: Bumbling Boris

Post by jserraglio » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:31 pm

A PM who believes in nothing is a very dangerous thing.

barney

Post by barney » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Where did you find that cartoon, Joseph? It nearly made me laugh out loud, it is so accurate. Morrison seldom answers tough questions. He is the master deflector - "oh that's just part of the Canberra bubble, I'm not going to talk about that". Re open rebellion on Government failures on the vaccines, "I'm not going to play politics on that, I'm just trying to get thevaccines out there" etc. Or he just talks about something else until the time for the interview/press conference is used up. But people are starting to wake up to the technique. Any criticism of him is just "playing politics", something the Prime Minister would never do, oh no, cross my heart and hope to die.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm

barney wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm
Where did you find that cartoon?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-14/ ... 50876?nw=0

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 am

Again, Joe, you have brightened my day! 😉

Now, will someone please answer this: How did a thread on Boris Johnson turn so rapidly into a thread on Scott Morrison?

Yikes!

(Not to say that BJ is any better!) :roll:

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 am

maestrob wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 am
How did a thread on Boris Johnson turn so rapidly into a thread on Scott Morrison?
I followed up on the watchword I found on the right-Leaning-Tower-of-Pisa spiked-online link: A PM who believes in nothing is a very dangerous thing.

Guess who else besides 'Bumbling Boris' came to mind when I read that? Politicians "drawn from the society - and don't 'lead' the society - demonstrating all its faults and failings".

Thank you, Belle, for clarifying that for us.

Boris Tweedledum, Scotty Tweedledee.
Last edited by jserraglio on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:54 am

jserraglio wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 am
maestrob wrote:
How did a thread on Boris Johnson turn so rapidly into a thread on Scott Morrison?
I followed up on the watchword I found on the right-Leaning-Tower-of-Pisa spiked-online link: A PM who believes in nothing is a very dangerous thing.

Guess who else besides 'Bumbling Boris' came to mind when I read that? Another politician who proves Belle's thesis that they are "drawn from the society - and don't 'lead' the society - demonstrating all its faults and failings".

Resulting in . . . Boris Tweedledum and Scotty Tweedledee.
Somehow, I don't think Belle anticipated that link... :wink:

Belle

Post by Belle » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:55 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm
barney wrote:
Where did you find that cartoon?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-14/ ... 50876?nw=0
Aaaah; the ABC. That perennial conservative-free zone. What a surprise!!

Belle

Post by Belle » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:57 pm

barney wrote:
Where did you find that cartoon, Joseph? It nearly made me laugh out loud, it is so accurate. Morrison seldom answers tough questions. He is the master deflector - "oh that's just part of the Canberra bubble, I'm not going to talk about that". Re open rebellion on Government failures on the vaccines, "I'm not going to play politics on that, I'm just trying to get thevaccines out there" etc. Or he just talks about something else until the time for the interview/press conference is used up. But people are starting to wake up to the technique. Any criticism of him is just "playing politics", something the Prime Minister would never do, oh no, cross my heart and hope to die.
Not like just about every other politician, though, aye - particularly our elision-prone Leader of the Opposition. Thank heavens he has his own teeth through which he can talk!!

The media has us all panicked because Australia, which doesn't have a Covid problem, hasn't got enough vaccines to solve the non-virus problem. Bring back Monty Python.

It is this government and its health agencies whom we have to thank for not having a Covid problem. Boris; look and learn. Perhaps you could take a leaf from Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for Life" and "tidy your own...." hair!!!

My original statement was about societies which believe in nothing. Our PM is ridiculed for his christian beliefs. Well, take a look at our modern parliament now that christianity has become redundant; so yesterday. It has been replaced by the religions of entitlement, hedonism, climate change and any number of faux new social doctrines. And you'd better believe in them; the Thought Police are watching. Ah, the good old days of the Stasi live again!! 😉

Well, they've got their doctrines and we've got the real estate assets and cash!! :mrgreen:

Belle

Post by Belle » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:18 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 am
maestrob wrote:

Guess who else besides 'Bumbling Boris' came to mind when I read that? Politicians "drawn from the society - and don't 'lead' the society - demonstrating all its faults and failings".

Thank you, Belle, for clarifying that for us.

Boris Tweedledum, Scotty Tweedledee.
When Morrison has been 'in the Senate 120 years' he'll have developed the necessary skills to create another migrant crisis. Oh wait; he already fixed ours within 2 short years.

Morrison has made mistakes; Boris is shambolic and somewhat dictatorial, but neither of them is in cognitive decline. Both are still in their prime with influential post-politics futures ahead of them.

Leaders are drawn from their 'democratic' societies and what is wrong with them is also wrong with us. When we were a nation of drunken larrikins we got a similarly-behaving PM - who just wouldn't pass muster today because of his womanizing and drinking. Over the last decade or so we have endured a rotation of leaders which reflects the divided nature of our society and the polity and the minute-by-minute analysis of what they think, do, say. I've said to the spouse, "it's like charting the hourly movement of the stock or housing markets, trying to make sense of them".

An exercise in futility.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Belle wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:18 pm
Morrison has made mistakes . . . when we were a nation of drunken larrikins we got a similarly-behaving PM.
Madam Whatabout-Biden, you have just made a BINGO!

Still in his roguishly Liberal Prime,
No discernible cognitive decline
From point zero, Minister Morrison
Admits aged care has fallen short,
For which he is deeply sorry,
Prescribes empathy training
To cure backbencher bullying larrikins,
Looks forward to becoming a post-politico
Influencer, but meanwhile casts about,
In search of a Morris-jigging juice
To jumpstart his Party’s rapacious bludgers.

Last edited by jserraglio on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 am

Growth industries! :lol:

Delightful, Joe.

I will give Australia great credit, though , for containing covid. To date, it has recorded about 900 deaths, compared with nearly 560,000 here in the USA, an abominable death toll, while we still have the highest infection rate in the world at 9%, even with the fastest vaccine rollout and 50% of Republican voters refusing to be inoculated. Not to mention our prisons, with a 34% infection rate.

Just what the hell are we playing at??

No wonder China is so confident.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:19 am

maestrob wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 am
I will give Australia great credit, though, for containing covid.
ImageAustralian PM Scott Morrison demonstrates how to use the police in a police state.