PBS investigative report delves into violent far-right militias

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

PBS investigative report delves into violent far-right militias

Post by jserraglio » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:41 pm

FRONTLINE PBS American Insurrection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcGi4maiJW8

FRONTLINE, ProPublica and UC Berkeley’s Investigative Reporting Program present “American Insurrection”: a timely, 90-minute documentary that probes the far-right groups and leaders responsible for the recent threats and violence.

Over the last three years, FRONTLINE has collaborated with ProPublica to investigate the rise of extremism in America. Now, in the aftermath of the assault on the U.S. Capitol, FRONTLINE, ProPublica and UC Berkeley's Investigative Reporting Program team up to examine how far-right groups were emboldened and encouraged by former President Trump and how individuals were radicalized and brought into the political landscape.

maestrob

Re: PBS investigative report delves into violent far-right militias

Post by maestrob » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 am

This video is now rated by youtube as "offensive" to some in the community, but they are still making it available.

We watched this gripping documentary last night and saved it to DVD. This is, IMHO, historical and insightful reporting. One of the young organizers is briefly reported as "disappearing" from social media and his community after being interviewed for the segment. Where he has gone, no one knows, but it looks like many of the nut-jobs formerly encouraged by the Trump White House have gone underground to continue their madness or to try to blend back into society after the colossal failure of January 6, 2021.

This is a must-see for everyone here.

Never forget. :evil:

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:20 am

maestrob wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 am
We watched this gripping documentary last night and saved it to DVD. ..This is a must-see for everyone here.
Brian I had DVRed it and watched it yesterday-gripping-these people have to be jailed-and of course there's trump! Regards, Len

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:15 pm

lennygoran wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:20 am
maestrob wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 am
We watched this gripping documentary last night and saved it to DVD. ..This is a must-see for everyone here.
Brian I had DVRed it and watched it yesterday-gripping-these people have to be jailed-and of course there's trump! Regards, Len

Yes, Len, I agree. Out of 300+ cases the Justice Department is now investigating, I wonder how many are crying "victim" of Trump's and Giuliani's instigation tactics?

It remains to be seen whether those two will be indicted or if so how soon, but I'll wager they will be eventually.

Sedition is a very serious crime.

Never forget. :evil: