Costco's outdoor eating changes things, $1.50 deal

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Costco's outdoor eating changes things, $1.50 deal

Post by Lance » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 am

Here's the story on this, just click it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... 683d&ei=55

Costco is known for their $1.50 hot dog and drink combination - a good deal in anybody's mind. We don't have a Costco here [do have a Sam's Club], but I have taken advantage of the $1.50 deal with Costco family members in other cities - Syracuse or Atlanta, for example. The problem with the "outdoor" policy was that anybody (member or not) could get the $1.50 deal. Costco believes this to be a privilege for actual members, not for non-Costco people. It's one of the advantages of being having a paying membership. Costco members were complaining about longer lines outdoors because of non-members and also wondering why non-members should get a "perk" like this.

What's your take on this? Should the outdoor $1.50 deal be good for anybody, member or not?
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

lennygoran

Re: Costco's outdoor eating changes things, $1.50 deal

Post by lennygoran » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

Lance just noticed this-we've been using costco for years-love the hotdog deal-also one for pizza. Just last week we visited a Costco and made a big killing-their tuscan bean salad which is seasonal was in-bought 3 packages, got their ribs, spanokopita, stuffed peppers korean dumplings, half cooked ducks. This will provide Sue and I with plenty of meals! Regards, Len

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am

How do you police such a deal if it is made exclusive? I should think this would create enormous ill-will for Costco.

Keep things as they are.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:06 pm

maestrob wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am
How do you police such a deal if it is made exclusive? I should think this would create enormous ill-will for Costco.

Keep things as they are.
Brian that hotdog deal is fabulous-if we're in costco around lunchtime we have to order only one and split it-if we order 2 we don't have room for dinner! Regards, Len :lol:

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 am

Well, I agree with you. Costco, however, says it is a "perk" for members only. Others, non-members, do not buy anything else from Costco. Police it? You have to show a membership card in order to get the "deal." Members complain that lines are too long and it takes more time to get the mission accomplished, thus blaming it on people who are non-members. Guess we will never make everyone happy. But Costco doesn't want to give their $1.50 hotdog deal to the non-member world.
maestrob wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am

Keep things as they are.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]