Cockpit view A350 from Copenhagen

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

Cockpit view A350 from Copenhagen

Post by Belle » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:13 pm

For Av-Geeks like myself this is amazing. Inside the cockpit of the superb machine which is the Airbus 350, with Rolls Royce Trent XWB engines. Scandinavian SK973 from Copenhagen to Bangkok. The computer technology is absolutely off the charts. (I can't wait to take the A350 from Sydney to Fiji in August; 10 of our family members are going there to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary as it's where the spouse and his brother were born and raised.)

This flight crew discusses the interference with their technology (GPS jamming) over Iran and Ukraine and how pilots are trained to deal with this.

Airbus is blitzing commercial aviation, leaving Boeing in its wake and dealing with myriad management, malfunctions and maintenance problems. In one case criminal proceedings may be warranted. I certainly hope they have their DEI processes firmly in place, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dG_Whxzdkk

There's an expression doing the rounds here in Australia at the moment: "If it's Boeing I'm not going". This isn't fair as their 777 is one of the finest aircraft ever built.