"Snatch"

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Madame

"Snatch"

Post by Madame » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 am

I like movies that make you work -- and this is one that took 3 viewings to get it all in.

Guy Ritchie directed -- and Brad Pitt, Benicio del Toro, Dennis Farina, Rade Sherbedgia among others delivered -- in this witty gritty crime caper. Pitt was unforgettable as Mickey, a scrappy pikey (equivalent to an Irish gypsy).

IcedNote

Re: "Snatch"

Post by IcedNote » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:34 am

Great flick, but I actually like "Lock, Stock, and Two Smokin' Barrels" more. :)

-G
Harakiried composer reincarnated as a nonprofit development guy.

Fretless

Re: "Snatch"

Post by Fretless » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:38 am

I like just about everything about this film--one of the few movies I can pull off the shelf and enjoy just about any time. The only elements that I don't really care for are the portrayals of the characters by Rade Serbegia (sp) and Dennis Farina. I can't put my finger on why their characters draw me out of the picture, but the humor they aim for seems more forced.

Love the editing, music choices, camerawork, hard-case English street-talk, etc etc.