“Little Big Shot“ w/Sybil Jason

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

“Little Big Shot“ w/Sybil Jason

Post by Lance » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I watched a TCM movie today, another I haven't seen, called "Little Big Shot," from 1935. It involves small-time hoods who turn nursemaid when a gangster's daughter is suddenly orphaned. The cast includes Sybil Jason, Glenda Farrell, Robert Armstrong, Edward Everett Horton Director: Michael Curtiz; BW-72 minutes.

The cute little girl, Sybil Jason, was supposed to be a competitor for Shirley Temple. Jason is still alive at 80 years of age. I thought she did a great job but she apparently didn't achieve the status of Temple. Another "character" in the film was Edward Everett Horton. I'll pose a question about him in another thread.

Incidentally, in case you're wondering how come I'm watching so many afternoon/late afternoon movies lately ... as you know, I've given up a bad "habit" but it is taking its toll on me in other ways ... lack of energy, sleeping patterns changing, not much interest in going out or doing anything ... heart palpitations ... eating all the wrong stuff (getting fatter) ... and on and on, but at least I am able to catch up on some of these old films.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]