Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.
Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D
- Posts: 4990
- Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 7:06 am
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Some folks here may be interested in Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism
, a Web spinoff of the print publication hosted by the University of Warwick, UK.
The first issue caught my eye with articles on the The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
and No Country for Old Men
- MOVIE: A Journal of Film Criticism is a refereed academic publication whose aim is to create a forum for the range of analysis, debate and discussion that only a journal devoted to a detailed film criticism can adequately provide. We are committed to publishing rigorous but accessible critical writing, at a variety of lengths, that is responsive to the detailed texture and artistry of film and television, old and new. We also welcome articles that illuminate concepts, analytical methods and questions in film aesthetics that are of significance to film criticism. The journal is published on a bi-annual basis.
- Military Band Specialist
- Posts: 26867
- Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:15 pm
- Location: Stony Creek, New York
Thanks, j. I see that it is searchable--I'm looking forward to entering some names and titles and seeing what comes up.
There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
-- Johann Sebastian Bach
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests