THE NECKLACE=LA PARURE

A cozy, genteel room to discuss books, authors, and things literary.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

dulcinea

THE NECKLACE=LA PARURE

Post by dulcinea » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:45 pm

How did you react to its ending? I gave it to read to my mother; I'll never forget her look of shock and sadness when she read the conclusion.
How about THE SELFISH GIANT? Its ending moved Mama to tears.
Let every thing that has breath praise the Lord! Alleluya!

MarkC

Re: THE NECKLACE=LA PARURE

Post by MarkC » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 am

dulcinea wrote:How did you react to its ending? I gave it to read to my mother; I'll never forget her look of shock and sadness when she read the conclusion......
Funny you should ask......I hadn't thought of "The Necklace" in decades, till the other night when the kids behind the counter at Starbucks were talking about it. They were reading it for school. I thought it was cool that they still read some of the same things that we did when I was in school 200 years ago. :lol:

How did I react to the ending? I don't remember. :? It was too long ago, and now I basically take the ending for granted. The main thing I remember reacting to was the whole rest of the story -- how poor they were and how much they had to struggle, both before and of course especially after the necklace got lost.
Don't expect me to be sane, I'm playing Scriabin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySs4aQ8 ... D6&index=0

dulcinea

Re: THE NECKLACE=LA PARURE

Post by dulcinea » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 am

MarkCannon wrote:
dulcinea wrote:How did you react to its ending? I gave it to read to my mother; I'll never forget her look of shock and sadness when she read the conclusion......
Funny you should ask......I hadn't thought of "The Necklace" in decades, till the other night when the kids behind the counter at Starbucks were talking about it. They were reading it for school. I thought it was cool that they still read some of the same things that we did when I was in school 200 years ago. :lol:

How did I react to the ending? I don't remember. :? It was too long ago, and now I basically take the ending for granted. The main thing I remember reacting to was the whole rest of the story -- how poor they were and how much they had to struggle, both before and of course especially after the necklace got lost.
Mathilde should have told Mme Forestier: You bloody b----! You call yourself a friend??? Go sell that damned necklace and give me back the 36.000 francs I paid for it!!!
Let every thing that has breath praise the Lord! Alleluya!