Todd's Time Out Playpen

Todd

Post by Todd » Tue May 31, 2005 10:11 am

herman wrote:The direct cause of Rob ceasing operations for 24 hours or so however was Todd (who spent some time here about a year ago, and who regards himself as a Big Guy at GMG, wth a full bully license) telling Eric he should have committed suicide long ago. This was not the first time Todd urged someone to go kill himself, talking to his screen. There were a lot of protests and things got nasty again, and that's when Rob pulled the plug. As soon as it's up again I have no doubt everybody will be nice for a couple of weeks.

Too cowardly to post this at GMG, Herman? Of course, it also shows that you don't quite know the whole story, but that's more or less standard.
"The universe is change, life is opinion." -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

herman

Post by herman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:39 am

Todd wrote: I’m reminded of a critique someone else made of you long ago: You’re more interested in your writing style (or what you think to be style) than substance. [..]

The fact that you are still stuck on the suicide thing clearly shows that you have rather poor understanding of English. Perhaps you are naïve enough to take Eric at his word.
You're a hoot. That mysterious "someone" wasn't Deep Throat. It was you.

Now, as then, I can only reply that I'll seek solace in the fact that magazines pay me good money for my work and publishers are eager to publish my books.

The suicide thing. You also seem to have conventiently forgotten that you urged someone to commit suicide before (one Osman). But OK, I'll keep in mind that the English phrase "when you're going to cut your wrists I want you to cut them lengthwise"(not an exact quote) is not about suicide, but about some arcane car parts.

And now, since this is becoming rather repetitive we should perhaps call it a day.

All you’re achieving with this relentless pursuing of your self-created enemies is a lot of wasted time and boredom. Why don't you write another booklength cd-review on GMG? Some people really appreciate that stuff.

matti

Post by matti » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:34 pm

Todd wrote:
jbuck919 wrote:and Dave Stybr (MaestroDJS) who I am sure never intended this when he started this thread.
Nor did I.
Ok, perhaps not this time, but you've said before that you enjoy these catfights very much - and not only in this cyber reality, but in real life too (which is a plus of course if it's true). It's a pity that you so seldom, if ever, seem to find worthy opponents, intelligent enough to challenge your superior intellect and linguistic skills.

As much as many of us admire you as the king of the hill, I'm pretty sure that most of us still enjoy your posts dealing with music much more.

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator

Post by Corlyss_D » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:00 pm

Order! Order!

Todd, take your petty personal stuff off-line. If you got something substantive to say about music, go say it. If you got something topical to say for the Pup regulars, say it. Otherwise, move on. GMG is back up and running.

Menwhile, your posts of the kind you have made to this thread are going to be isolated here, away from the others. Anyone who cares to join in can find you here.
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form