Yale School of Music

Have you been to a concert somewhere in the world recently? Share your thoughts with us about the performance, the more details the better!

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Febnyc

Yale School of Music

Post by Febnyc » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:50 am

What a nice program for this Friday evening:

"I absolutely consider it to be ... the most sincere of all my creations.”—Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, in an 1893 letter to Vladimir Davydov.

Peter Oundjian, principal conductor - Yale Philharmonia Apr. 5 | 7:30 p.m. | Woolsey Hall

The orchestra, led by Principal Conductor Peter Oundjian, performs Mozart’s Thirty-Fifth Symphony, the "Haffner," Martinů’s Rhapsody-Concerto for viola and orchestra with soloist Brian Isaacs '22BA '23MM, and Tchaikovsky’s Sixth Symphony, the "Pathétique."*The Mozart will be conducted by Samuel Hollister '18BA '28DMA

Tickets start at $13, Yale faculty/staff start at $9, students free [ticket required]$3 surcharge at the door

However, these days the Friday-night rush hour drive out to New Haven (usually 45 minutes for us) makes it sometimes a 90-minute trip. The older I get the less patience I have sitting in traffic - but it's so tempting.