RebLem

keaggy220

RebLem

Post by keaggy220 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:28 pm

I've made my first purchase since you put together your wonderful list and decided to go with one of your recommendations. I've enjoyed Dvorak String Q 12&13 so much I decided to go with your recommendation of the Rostropovich recording of the Cello Concerto. The complete Dvorak string quartet recording was tempting, but a little ambitious of the wallet so soon after Christmas.

Anyway I appreciate you putting a list together and putting yourself in a position to receive a lot of "spirited input" regarding your list. The discussion revolving around your list was almost as much of an education for me as your list.

keaggy220

Post by keaggy220 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:04 pm

I'm not going to make this an ongoing thread on my purchases, but I wanted to follow-up on my first purchase from your list and let you know your list was not made in vain!

I still prefer Dvoraks Op. 12&13, but the Cello concerto is awesome. I've enjoyed listening to it several times since the purchase and I know I will be enjoying it many, many more times in the future.

I followed another one of your recommendations today and bought Tchaikovsky, Brahms: Violin Concerti. Heifetz, Reiner, CSO.

Your list has relieved me of buying apprehension, which causes me major stress!!

Thanks!

RebLem
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA 87112, 2 blocks west of the Breaking Bad carwash.

Post by RebLem » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:45 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just finished listening to the complete Beethoven piano sonata cycle by Annie Fischer on a 9 CD Hungaroton set, and I have decided to change my recommendation of the 9 CD Kempff stereo set to the Annie Fischer set.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill it.--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father
"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."--Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. Carolina.
"Racism is America's Original Sin."--Francis Cardinal George, former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.