Who Was Really Lost in THE LOST WORLD?

dulcinea

Who Was Really Lost in THE LOST WORLD?

Post by dulcinea » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:35 pm

:D :D :D Has anyone here read THE LOST WORLD? One of its passages reads: In the matter of provisions we had enough to last for several weeks, WITH A SUFFICIENCY OF TOBACCO and a few scientific implements (end quote). Amazed and then amused at this frank admission that the characters of this book were hopeless nicotine addicts, I amended my copy so that it now reads like this: with a sufficiency of tobacco, angel dust, crack, crank, barbiturates, freebase, LSD, DMT, ecstasy, mescaline, peyote, STP, ice, speedballs, heroin, opium, morphine, Quaaludes, amphetamines, speed, Valium, wood alcohol, marijuana, and hashish, complete with all the necessary paraphernalia. I hope Conan Doyle will appreciate how I improved his original text.
Let every thing that has breath praise the Lord! Alleluya!

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Never got high or into altered states of mind or physical enhancements from tobacco, unlike the other substances mentioned. It isn't the same at all, IMHO.

More like coffee that kills slowly than LSD or speed.

Teresa B

Post by Teresa B » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:30 am

Brendan wrote:.
More like coffee that kills slowly than LSD or speed.
:shock: Coffee kills? Uh-oh.

Teresa
"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." ~ The Cheshire Cat

Author of the novel "Creating Will"

mourningstar

Post by mourningstar » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:02 pm

Well in time, it's really bad for your health and especially for your heart.. sometimes doctors recommend to heart patients that they should stop drinking coffee, cause its very bad, eventhough that is said, they stiill continue drinking, resulting in a fatal heartinfarct...
"Desertion for the artist means abandoning the concrete."