The Terrorists Win!

Lilith

The Terrorists Win!

Post by Lilith » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:11 pm

According to our President, Mr Bush if the Democrats won the election the "terrorists win and America loses".

I guess America lost if you believe the President.

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator

Post by Corlyss_D » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:36 am

I hope Pelosi and Reid remember to send a thank you gift to Sadr, UBL, Ahmadinejad and their propaganda arms, the NYT and WaPo. They wouldn't be where they are today with out their generous support.
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:45 am

Actually a thank you should be sent to strident conservatives like you (and the Hanetty's and Limbaugh's in the media) for your strident overstatement on every issue.....As in your above post
People see right through it now.

Madame

Re: The Terrorists Win!

Post by Madame » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:28 am

Lilith wrote:According to our President, Mr Bush if the Democrats won the election the "terrorists win and America loses".

I guess America lost if you believe the President.
Did he actually say that?

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:51 am

Madame wrote:
Did he actually say that?

He mocked her as "a secret admirer" of tax cuts and an opponent of measures crucial to keeping Americans safe,
warning that "terrorists win and America loses" if her Democrats prevailed on Election Day.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/09/D8L9JMH00.html
Lillith wrote:
Actually a thank you should be sent to strident conservatives like you (and the Hanetty's and Limbaugh's in the media) for your strident overstatement on every issue.....As in your above post
People see right through it now.

And yes Lilith, you are right, I told Corlyss yesterday that she had only herself to blame..

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator

Post by Corlyss_D » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Ted wrote:And yes Lilith, you are right, I told Corlyss yesterday that she had only herself to blame..
Two unanswered Democratic October surprises beat no October surprises.

You are both wrong, and events will prove it.
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

Reed

Post by Reed » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Actually, Bush is Al-Queda's recruiting agent. He has lived up to the image the terroists have tried to portray of war-mad America. Iraq is the new holy war for them, fighters have come from all over the world to fight the great Satan.

Of all the bad things Bush has done, I think that's the worst. He's actually made the world a lot less safe, and his actions have led more people to holy war against the west than Osama and crew ever has.

So if the election puts even a little bit of a brake on him and his zealots, then that's a good thing.

RebLem
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA 87112, 2 blocks west of the Breaking Bad carwash.

Post by RebLem » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Reed wrote:Actually, Bush is Al-Queda's recruiting agent. He has lived up to the image the terroists have tried to portray of war-mad America. Iraq is the new holy war for them, fighters have come from all over the world to fight the great Satan.

Of all the bad things Bush has done, I think that's the worst. He's actually made the world a lot less safe, and his actions have led more people to holy war against the west than Osama and crew ever has.

So if the election puts even a little bit of a brake on him and his zealots, then that's a good thing.
One of the things I like about MSN Groups is that they allow people to click on a little item called "Recommended" for any post one agrees with, anonymously. Also, the fact that they have a lot more emoticons than this place has. This post by Reed would get a whole row of "thumbs up" ( Y ) from me.

Another thing to keep in mind, along this same line. Imagine yourself as a progressive Iraqi who believes in democracy and wants it for his country. Let's say you're about 26 or so and have just graduated for a university with a graduate degree and are ready to begin a career. Or that you are an older man, say 45, who is a construction contractor.

You look at the world around you. You hear the Bushies saying two things above all else. 1) This war on terror is going to take at least 40 years. It will be a long, hard slog. And, 2) Its better for us to fight them over there than over here.

What is Mr. Joe Six-Pack Iraqi to think of this? Well, first tihng he says is, "I can't wait 40 years to start my life." Second thing he says is, "Well, I guess I know how I rate. They don't want to deal with al Qaeda and the terrorists directly, so they're gonna put as much as possible of it on my sorry ass. Well, I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do about this. I don't like al Qaeda or the terrorists at all, but if its between them and these guys that want me to take the brunt of terrorist attacks for the next 40 years so they won't have to, then I'm gonna have to make some sort of accommodation with somebody. I sure as hell can't just accept all this and try to schlepp my way through life. The one thing that al Qaeda and the terrorists and America agree on is that they are going to make that impossible."

And in such ways, terrorists are born.

Its called empathy, Corlyss. You have to either see things for the other guy's point of view, or kill every last one of them.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill it.--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father
"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."--Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. Carolina.
"Racism is America's Original Sin."--Francis Cardinal George, former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.

Fugu

Post by Fugu » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:47 pm

Corlyss_D wrote:I hope Pelosi and Reid remember to send a thank you gift to Sadr, UBL, Ahmadinejad and their propaganda arms, the NYT and WaPo. They wouldn't be where they are today with out their generous support.
Corlyss with her usual amount of melodramatic horse manure. :roll:

Micha

Post by Micha » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:23 pm

Corlyss_D wrote:I hope Pelosi and Reid remember to send a thank you gift to Sadr, UBL, Ahmadinejad and their propaganda arms, the NYT and WaPo. They wouldn't be where they are today with out their generous support.
I was under the impression that Bush and his friends were the ones who are sponsored by Saudi Arabia who are also known supporters of terrorists. Now I am confused.

But, the President is right, the terrorists have won! That is why they presented them with a congratulations terrorists! cake on the Daily Show:

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/m ... emId=77965