What Seems Like Fun For Our Troops In Iraq…..

Ted

What Seems Like Fun For Our Troops In Iraq…..

Post by Ted » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:40 pm

You’d think that after the photographic evidence that backfired on the participants in the Abu-Grab fiasco our soldiers would get the message that maybe it’s not a good idea to videotape anything that’s not done 100% by the book—And while all the participants here are seemingly “Having Fun” it’s obvious that trouble is looming for them down the road

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AIDVfMu9b8

lmpower

Post by lmpower » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:02 pm

It looks like relatively harmless horseplay, though in very poor taste. I imagine it stems largely from boredom. You have to remember that everything you do is likely to be videotaped nowadays.

Alberich

Re: What Seems Like Fun For Our Troops In Iraq…..

Post by Alberich » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:59 pm

Ted wrote:You’d think that after the photographic evidence that backfired on the participants in the Abu-Grab fiasco our soldiers would get the message that maybe it’s not a good idea to videotape anything that’s not done 100% by the book—And while all the participants here are seemingly “Having Fun” it’s obvious that trouble is looming for them down the road

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AIDVfMu9b8

C'mon. That's nothing but horseplay, exactly. What's the big deal?

Don't you have anything more worthwhile to post about?

RebLem
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA 87112, 2 blocks west of the Breaking Bad carwash.

Post by RebLem » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:37 am

Yes, it looks like horseplay to me, but two caveats.

One is that the woman in question the next day hears one of the guys who participated or watched say something really mean-spirited that gives her the feeling that the horseplay interpretation is not universally shared by her comrades. Then she goes to her CO and files a complaint. What happens then?

Secondly, there is the charming little bit at the end where a reference is made to an "Iraqi insurgent." Like this is what they do to Iraqi insurgents? I have a pretty good idea this is just part of the horseplay, too, but its quite possible not everyone would see it that way. Its quite possible that this could create problems for their command officers. If there's anything command officers don't like, its problems created by those under their command. Get the picture?
Don't drink and drive. You might spill it.--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father
"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."--Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. Carolina.
"Racism is America's Original Sin."--Francis Cardinal George, former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.

Ted

Post by Ted » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:14 am

ts quite possible that this could create problems for their command officers. If there's anything command officers don't like, its problems created by those under their command. Get the picture?
Precisely and cogently my point Reb