Another Big Apple First!!!!!!

Locked
Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Another Big Apple First!!!!!!

Post by Ralph » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 pm

Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

jbuck919
Military Band Specialist
Posts: 25595
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Stony Creek, New York

Post by jbuck919 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:37 pm

Site best viewed with Flesh Player.

There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
-- Johann Sebastian Bach

keaggy220
Posts: 4721
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Washington DC Area

Re: Another Big Apple First!!!!!!

Post by keaggy220 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Let me get the NYC recent events straight in my head:

1) Outlaw the good tasting fat from french fries
2) Trying to outlaw skinny models
3) Trying to outlaw iPods when crossing the street
4) Trying to monopolize the condom business by giving away condoms.

Things must REALLY be going well in NYC.

Can Trojan file an anti-trust?

Evelyn Laden
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Irvington, NY

Post by Evelyn Laden » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 pm

That reminds me of another story, which is in my book, published last year. But it (the story, not thebook) might not be approved by CMG supervisors Corlyss and Lance, whose rules concerning condoms I do not know. Are there any? So the story will remain in the book. It concerns legitimate research, done within a corporate setting, and very funny. Enough said.

Lance
Site Administrator
Posts: 16697
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:27 am
Location: Binghamton, New York
Contact:

Post by Lance » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:27 pm

Evelyn Laden wrote:That reminds me of another story, which is in my book, published last year. But it (the story, not thebook) might not be approved by CMG supervisors Corlyss and Lance, whose rules concerning condoms I do not know. Are there any? So the story will remain in the book. It concerns legitimate research, done within a corporate setting, and very funny. Enough said.
Condoms? - HATE 'EM! 'Nuff said!

But go ahead with the story. I truly think it's worth sharing here.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief
______________________________________________________

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

Image

Gary
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:16 am
Location: Houston, TX

Post by Gary » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Are these condoms a kind of M&M's or Skittles? (Referring to the logo)
Last edited by Gary on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Re: Another Big Apple First!!!!!!

Post by Ralph » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:31 pm

keaggy220 wrote:
Let me get the NYC recent events straight in my head:

1) Outlaw the good tasting fat from french fries
2) Trying to outlaw skinny models
3) Trying to outlaw iPods when crossing the street
4) Trying to monopolize the condom business by giving away condoms.

Things must REALLY be going well in NYC.

Can Trojan file an anti-trust?
*****

Anyone can file any suit but it would be frivolous.
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Febnyc
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Stamford CT

Post by Febnyc » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am

Gary wrote:Are these condoms a kind of M&M's or Skittles? (Referring to the logo)
Ha! Neither M&Ms nor Skittles. Although the similarity in the logos is evident.

The colored circles represent the designations for the various subway lines in NYC.

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Post by Ralph » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:54 am

Febnyc wrote:
Gary wrote:Are these condoms a kind of M&M's or Skittles? (Referring to the logo)
Ha! Neither M&Ms nor Skittles. Although the similarity in the logos is evident.

The colored circles represent the designations for the various subway lines in NYC.
*****

Yes, this product is aimed at the hoi polloi.

Next month the city is launching a second line of condoms with stock market ticker tape logos for the Masters of the Universe.
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Gary
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:16 am
Location: Houston, TX

Post by Gary » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:57 pm

Febnyc wrote:
Gary wrote:Are these condoms a kind of M&M's or Skittles? (Referring to the logo)
Ha! Neither M&Ms nor Skittles. Although the similarity in the logos is evident.

The colored circles represent the designations for the various subway lines in NYC.
Like this?

Image

Febnyc
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Stamford CT

Post by Febnyc » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:47 am

Exactement!

Evelyn Laden
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Irvington, NY

Post by Evelyn Laden » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:23 pm

I haven't been reading CMG for several days, but looked selectively at a number of posts today, including Ralph's post about the latest fashion in condoms, the NYC type. So, seeing that the chief editor of this sophisticated, respectable (as far as I've seen) website declared in public, and in capital letters in red print, no less, that he "HATES THEM," it gave me pause.
Having had extensive (though not personal) past experience with this useful product, I asked myself WHY DOES HE HATE THEM? CMG editors, administrators, and participants may not need or want them, but HATE THEM??
Rather than ask the reasons for that strong reaction (I wouldn't dare!), just think: Where would today's disease-ridden, overpopulated world be without them? That is the real question. Therefore, where condoms are concerned, hate them or not, the more variety the merrier (sorry, I mean, the better) for the wellbeing of mankind (mankind, of course)! Condoms for women exist as well, but are less well known.
Lance, thanks for your suggestion that I post the condom story I referred to earlier. I've decided it IS too long for a CMG post. It's OK for the book I wrote, but too long here. By the time any CMGer had read it, he or she would be too tired to read anyone else's post.

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator
Posts: 27663
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 am
Location: The Great State of Utah
Contact:

Post by Corlyss_D » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:32 am

Evelyn Laden wrote:Corlyss and Lance, whose rules concerning condoms I do not know. Are there any?
Here's my rule about condoms: Don't make me listen to lectures about the variety of flavors manufacturers make them in under the guise of "sensitivity training" about gays and AIDS. That's me only rule.
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

burnitdown
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:15 am
Contact:

Post by burnitdown » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:31 am

Corlyss_D wrote:Don't make me listen to lectures about the variety of flavors manufacturers make them in under the guise of "sensitivity training" about gays and AIDS.
That message is a hate crime. Please report to a reconstruction center for re-education.

RebLem
Posts: 8724
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA 87112, 2 blocks west of the Breaking Bad carwash.
Contact:

Post by RebLem » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:22 am

burnitdown wrote:
Corlyss_D wrote:Don't make me listen to lectures about the variety of flavors manufacturers make them in under the guise of "sensitivity training" about gays and AIDS.
That message is a hate crime. Please report to a reconstruction center for re-education.
Reject smart-assedness.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill it.--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father
"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."--Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. Carolina.
"Racism is America's Original Sin."--Francis Cardinal George, former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest