Revealing Trump interview...

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Proton

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by Proton » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:55 am

rwetmore wrote:
Proton wrote:Start out with a reputation for being a boorish clod, spend two months denigrating veterans, women, Hispanics and just about everybody else, then kick back and watch as your cachet doubles. Is this a great country or what? :mrgreen:
But he's not actually doing this. I notice no one answered my question above, which I'm left to conclude is because they aren't basing their views from actually listening to him speak in full. I've watched many of his campaign events, interviews, etc. in full, so please point me to incidents where he is doing what you say above that I somehow missed

Now you're just being willfully obtuse and I refuse to play along. If you have truly been following Trump as closely as you claim to have been, then you wouldn't need to be directed to specific incidents, some of which others have alluded to up-thread.

Since you've been following Trump so closely and in such depth, I would imagine that you have aggregated the text of all of Trump's speeches and interviews. Might I suggest that you compile a concordance, an alphabetical list of every word, listing every occurrence of each word, together with its context. That'll show us! :mrgreen:

"A lie can run around the world before the truth can get its boots on."
James Watt

“No government has the right to decide on the truth of scientific principles, nor to prescribe in any way the character of the questions investigated."
Richard Feynman
The Quantum Universe has a quotation from me in every chapter — but it's a damn good book anyway.”
Richard Feynman

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:16 am

Breaking news:

EXCLUSIVE: Trump will sign GOP loyalty pledge

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/t ... dge-213302

No surprise to me. I never believed he would go, or ever wanted to go, third party. He was just using it as leverage since he was/is an non-establishment Republican upsetting the apple cart. Wise of him to sign the pledge at this point, IMO.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Trump hits new high in most recent poll:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... n-new-poll
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:59 pm

- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Here's an interesting one:

How Donald Trump's campaign is helping the Democratic Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmUUttLXYo
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Trump is now getting angry over what he calls "gotcha" questions. The first one, a week ago, pertained to making reference to his favorite Bible passage, this after he had asserted that the Bible was his favorite book. He couldn't come up with anything. The last so-called "gotcha" question, yesterday, pertained to identifying major terrorist leaders. Nothing there too, other than his own ignorance-driven anger.
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:40 am

He doesn't sound angry at all to me. Besides, who among the other candidates takes so many questions from the media and does so many unrestricted interviews? Not one of them, especially Hillary, who doesn't seem to want to take any questions -- let alone any tough or probing ones.
Last edited by rwetmore on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 am

Here's an interesting anecdote:

The Trump Easter Sunday Golf Story

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/ ... golf_story
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:37 am

For you delusionals out there, Mr. Trump is anything but ignorant. He has probably
already bought and sold everyone at this site three times before breakfast. So let’s wait
and see when Hillary’s in jail, Slick Willie is again out chasing the likes of Gennifer,
Monica, Paula, etc. etc. Joe (The Groper) Biden is defending his yuck factor, and BHO is
looking for a job - we’ll see who’s really ignorant....more later.

And since this is a music site, you can name me QUICK the scale modes NOW - and-a 1
and-a 2 and-a 3 - sorry, you lose...

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:59 am

Wow, Trump now beats Hillary head to head:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... ar-AAdXQUs
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

BTW, regarding Trump's inability to name terrorist leaders (or know terrorist leaders by name):

He's always struck me as big picture type of guy and not a micro details type of guy (Reagan was kind of like that too). Trump said in an interview at least a month ago that his strategy against ISIS would be the hit them hard and in a way that takes away their wealth or takes away their source of funding. That is spot on, IMO, and demonstrates a solid strategic understanding of what it would take to defeat them.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 am

piston wrote:Trump is now getting angry over what he calls "gotcha" questions. The first one, a week ago, pertained to making reference to his favorite Bible passage, this after he had asserted that the Bible was his favorite book. He couldn't come up with anything. The last so-called "gotcha" question, yesterday, pertained to identifying major terrorist leaders. Nothing there too, other than his own ignorance-driven anger.
While I wouldn't characterize it as anger, but more irritation, this trait of his striking back against those who say negative things about him or he thinks have not treated him fairly -- may be his undoing as a candidate. I don't know, we'll have to see, as he's broken every rule in the book and only seems to go up in the polls when these things happen -- much to the bewilderment of the so-called 'experts'. But the trait is his style and personality, which many people (understandably) don't like or have reservations about.

BTW, I don't think the questions regarding the names of terrorist leaders were gotcha questions, and Trump's responses were handled poorly. He should have just said he didn't know them specifically.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Interesting thing Cavuto notes about Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFN_7LBH0s
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

John F

Post by John F » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:17 am

Auntie Lynn wrote:For you delusionals out there, Mr. Trump is anything but ignorant. He has probably
already bought and sold everyone at this site three times before breakfast.
I don't know about you, but I'm not for sale, nor is my vote. As for Trump's ignorance, he parades it, as when he says he doesn't need to know who America's top terrorist enemies are - he won't bother with that until he's president. Nelson Rockefeller, who was as rich as Trump and actually knew how to win elections (four times governor of New York), couldn't buy the presidency, neither can Donald Trump, and if you think he can, it's you who are delusional.
So let’s wait and see when Hillary’s in jail, Slick Willie is again out chasing the likes of Gennifer,
Monica, Paula, etc. etc. Joe (The Groper) Biden is defending his yuck factor, and BHO is looking for a job - we’ll see who’s really ignorant
We already know who is really ignorant, and his initials aren't BHO, they're DJT.
John Francis

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:52 am

John F wrote:I don't know about you, but I'm not for sale, nor is my vote. As for Trump's ignorance, he parades it, as when he says he doesn't need to know who America's top terrorist enemies are - he won't bother with that until he's president. Nelson Rockefeller, who was as rich as Trump and actually knew how to win elections (four times governor of New York), couldn't buy the presidency, neither can Donald Trump, and if you think he can, it's you who are delusional.
I think now perhaps more than ever we really need someone who is overtly tough minded and can act and negotiate from a position of great strength and confidence. Trump is just that, even if you don't like his style. While he certainly can't buy the presidency, he doesn't need to. If he gets the nomination, he will get enough protest votes against the establishment or status quo to put him over the top (I predict at least).
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:54 am

More humor:
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:47 am

John F wrote:
Auntie Lynn wrote:For you delusionals out there, Mr. Trump is anything but ignorant. He has probably
already bought and sold everyone at this site three times before breakfast.
I don't know about you, but I'm not for sale, nor is my vote. As for Trump's ignorance, he parades it, as when he says he doesn't need to know who America's top terrorist enemies are - he won't bother with that until he's president.
It's the Art of the Deal: you elect me, then it's a priority for me to learn.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

John F

Post by John F » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:22 am

Promises, promises. And what is The Donald's record in keeping promises, even formal and solemn ones? Such as, "till death us do part"? :mrgreen:
John Francis

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:02 am

Dredging up a totally irrelevant has-been like Bill Murray shows a level of desperation
heretofore unseen. Don’t look now, but The Donald is surging in most polls. Everybody
else is running for Vice President. To paraphrase Rubio at the debates stating: “Look at
all these great Republican candidates - the Democrats are looking for just ONE.” As for
death doing us part - explain that to Slick Willie... And BTW, this is capitalism in case
you haven’t noticed - you have NO control over who buys and sells you, so get over it...

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:08 am

Another recent revealing Trump interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WosGgdvrtic

This is the Trump the media doesn't want the public to hear.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:09 am

John F wrote:Promises, promises. And what is The Donald's record in keeping promises, even formal and solemn ones? Such as, "till death us do part"? :mrgreen:
His promises always hold good, as long as may suit him!

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

John F

Post by John F » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Auntie Lynn wrote:As for death doing us part - explain that to Slick Willie...
If you're talking about President Clinton, he and his first and only wife are still married after 40 years. Donald Trump, on the other hand, is on Wife No. 3 (and counting). Both men have had extramarital affairs, but Clinton never got any of his partners pregnant; Trump has been more careless about such things - twice.
Auntie Lynn wrote:BTW, this is capitalism in case you haven’t noticed - you have NO control over who buys and sells you, so get over it...
Donald Trump first made his fortune in New York City real estate. I live in New York. I've never gotten a nickel from Trump and his empire. But as far as his empire-building has reduced the availability of affordable rental housing, he has cost me plenty. I repeat, Trump has neither bought or sold me, but his business has affected my standard of living for the worse.

As for capitalism, you have no idea how it works. No matter how much money Trump has, he can't buy what isn't for sale; that's what markets and the rule of law are about. Trump may have bought and sold Ivanka Zelnickova and Marla Maples, but he has nothing that I want, and if he wants anything I have, he hasn't yet made a bid. :)
Last edited by John F on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Francis

piston

Post by piston » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:56 pm

And he was an expert at getting tax abatements for his real estate projects, often by first offering electoral funding to his generous political friends. That's not exactly what I would call socially conscious and responsible.

And, btw, he has been a "loser" in the past, with his bankrupt businesses and with the American legal system, having had to pay $750,000 in fines to Uncle Sam for failure to disclose business information. In fact, it is highly debatable if, without his father's capital, he would have made any money. And as we all know, The Donald does not like losers.....

piston

Post by piston » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:26 pm

That's a leader, Auntie Lynn:
Issuing a broad appeal to Europe’s Catholics, Pope Francis on Sunday called on “every” parish, religious community, monastery and sanctuary to take in one refugee family — an appeal that, if honored, would offer shelter to tens of thousands.
Compare that with "They're rapists" and Mexican rejects. Or, and that would not surprise me coming from Trump's mouth, "They're terrorists."

Again, the USA is significantly responsible for what's now happening in the Middle East and in Europe. Trump, and all xenophobic Americans who find his undiplomatic words appealing, conveniently disregard that responsibility. They want white flesh in control of municipal, state, and federal elections, particularly in the southern states. It's a new form of racism, but it is racism.

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Latest poll says Trump gets 25% of the black vote:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/shock- ... n-matchup/
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:41 am

rwetmore wrote:Latest poll says Trump gets 25% of the black vote:
These polls are really something-look what this one says:
"Trump's lead also evaporates when the field is narrowed to just him and Carson. Asked about a head-to-head match-up between those two, Republican voters picked Carson over Trump, 55% to 36%."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/ ... -jeb-bush/

Regards, Len

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:Latest poll says Trump gets 25% of the black vote:
These polls are really something-look what this one says:
"Trump's lead also evaporates when the field is narrowed to just him and Carson. Asked about a head-to-head match-up between those two, Republican voters picked Carson over Trump, 55% to 36%."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/ ... -jeb-bush/

Regards, Len
That's interesting, but I don't think Carson can win the nomination.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:12 am

After The Donald - the rest are running for Vice President...

Proton

Post by Proton » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Republicans Fear Donald Trump Is Hardening Party’s Tone on Race

By JONATHAN MARTIN SEPT. 7, 2015

WASHINGTON — Republicans are growing increasingly concerned that Donald J. Trump’s
inflammatory language is damaging the party, fearing that his remarks are hardening the tone
of other candidates on racial issues in ways that could repel the voters they need to take back
the White House.

Some party leaders worry that the favorable response Mr. Trump has received from the Republican
electorate is luring other candidates to adopt or echo his remarks. It is a pattern, they say, that could
tarnish the party’s image among minority voters.

“Any candidate that allows Trump to dictate the conversation about what they’re
campaigning on is going to be harmed irreparably,” said Josh Holmes, a Republican
strategist and the architect of Senator Mitch McConnell’s re-election campaign last year.
“And to the extent that there are mainstream candidates dragged into the musings of Trump
on a day-to-day basis is really bad news for us.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/us/po ... -race.html

James Watt

“No government has the right to decide on the truth of scientific principles, nor to prescribe in any way the character of the questions investigated."
Richard Feynman
The Quantum Universe has a quotation from me in every chapter — but it's a damn good book anyway.”
Richard Feynman

piston

Post by piston » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:40 pm

A good piece, IMHO. Demographers have said it time and again (and I have repeated here): the Republican Party will not survive, as a competitive and relevant party, if it alienates the fastest growing electoral cohorts in the US population. The most recent poll reveals that fifteen percent of Blacks and Hispanics support Trump (I really don't know why!), but 80 percent despise him. He polarizes people this way -- you either like or despise him.

If Huckabee, Cruz, Walker and others jump on Trump's inflammatory and divisive rhetorical bandwagon, the party is truly heading in the wrong direction, for its own sake! I do not see Rubio or Bush or Carson jumping on that bandwagon, and that's good.

piston

Post by piston » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 pm

And if Tom Brady decides to become good buddy with Trump, I swear that I give up professional football.

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:26 am

piston wrote:A good piece, IMHO. Demographers have said it time and again (and I have repeated here): the Republican Party will not survive, as a competitive and relevant party, if it alienates the fastest growing electoral cohorts in the US population. The most recent poll reveals that fifteen percent of Blacks and Hispanics support Trump (I really don't know why!), but 80 percent despise him. He polarizes people this way -- you either like or despise him.

If Huckabee, Cruz, Walker and others jump on Trump's inflammatory and divisive rhetorical bandwagon, the party is truly heading in the wrong direction, for its own sake! I do not see Rubio or Bush or Carson jumping on that bandwagon, and that's good.
This is BS. There is nothing even remotely racist about Trump or what he's campaigning on. It's pure self delusion to think so. In fact, this delusion gives me reason to think he can really win it all, because these accusations are pure nonsense, and I think most people will see through them.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

Proton

Post by Proton » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:49 am

rwetmore wrote:BTW, regarding Trump's inability to name terrorist leaders (or know terrorist leaders by name):

He's always struck me as big picture type of guy and not a micro details type of guy (Reagan was kind of like that too). Trump said in an interview at least a month ago that his strategy against ISIS would be the hit them hard and in a way that takes away their wealth or takes away their source of funding. That is spot on, IMO, and demonstrates a solid strategic understanding of what it would take to defeat them.
Hit them hard and take away their money! Clearly that never occurred to anyone else, because Trump and only Trump could have conceived such a brilliant plan, having pared it down to bare essentials. Details, schmetails are for losers.

The Trump approach would be useful in the solution of a vast array of problems, such as the quest for a Grand Unified Theory:

1) Simply write down the correct equations so that quantum gravity is re-normalizable.
2) Bob's your uncle.

Trivial, really...

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am

Ergo, I think our friend rwetmore has stated the bottom line perfectly and we should leave
it at that...’way to go!!

Proton

Post by Proton » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:23 pm

already bought and sold everyone at this site three times before breakfast. So let’s wait
and see when Hillary’s in jail, Slick Willie is again out chasing the likes of Gennifer,
Monica, Paula, etc. etc. Joe (The Groper) Biden is defending his yuck factor, and BHO is
looking for a job - we’ll see who’s really ignorant....more later.

And since this is a music site, you can name me QUICK the scale modes NOW - and-a 1
and-a 2 and-a 3 - sorry, you lose...
1. Ionian 2. Dorian 3. Phrygian 4. Lydian 5. Mixolydian 6. Aeolian 7. Locrian

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman

Proton

Post by Proton » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:06 pm

rwetmore wrote:
piston wrote:A good piece, IMHO. Demographers have said it time and again (and I have repeated here): the Republican Party will not survive, as a competitive and relevant party, if it alienates the fastest growing electoral cohorts in the US population. The most recent poll reveals that fifteen percent of Blacks and Hispanics support Trump (I really don't know why!), but 80 percent despise him. He polarizes people this way -- you either like or despise him.

This is BS. There is nothing even remotely racist about Trump or what he's campaigning on. It's pure self delusion to think so. In fact, this delusion gives me reason to think he can really win it all, because these accusations are pure nonsense, and I think most people will see through them.

Merely asserting that it's BS doesn't make it so, especially given Trump's well-documented history of racist rhetoric. If anyone is deluding themself, it's you, sir.

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:32 am

Telling the truth is not racism - hilarious watching these puny little nobodies going up against The Donald...

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:16 am

Proton wrote:Merely asserting that it's BS doesn't make it so,
No, it doesn't -- you're right.
Proton wrote:especially given Trump's well-documented history of racist rhetoric.
Where? I've watched virtually all of Trump's campaign events and media interviews in full, and I haven't seen it. I suspect you and so many others are not actually doing this, and are getting the accusations second hand from anti-Trump media sources.

Virtually all of his stuff since he started running is on youtube. Point me to the video and specific part of the video where he engages in racist rhetoric.

If you can't do this, then I stand by my position that it is BS.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:02 am

Well, let's start at the beginning of the Trump discrimination story, well before he entered the political arena with his own b.s., such as "I love Mexicans," I get along perfectly well with African Americans, etc.

In 1973, early in Trump's real estate "career," the Department of Justice took him to court for residential discrimination against Blacks. He tried to sue the government back, as he often does and has just done again with Univision. But a judge threw out his frivolous case against the DoJ. An agreement was then reached to change his company's residential practices but, five years later, the DoJ felt that he had not complied and pressed discrimination charges on him once more. This time, he found a way to settle the situation behind the scene (with electoral contributions?), but as of 1983 his tenant population in NYC still consisted of 95 percent Whites.

Now in the political arena, Trump has to be careful not to be too explicitly racist because such statements can have business consequences for his "brand." His comments about the criminal character of illegal "Mexican" immigrants, even tempered by his "I love Mexico. I do business with Mexicans,' brought an immediate reaction from Macy's, Univision, NBC, etc., who all asserted that they could not associate themselves with such racial prejudice, bigotry, and racism. He later, somehow, got golf courses included, as in agreement with his position on negative racial attributes, and the major golf organizations, sensitive to any public perception of racial segregation in their sport (which segregation, of course, existed as late as the 1990s), immediately dissociated themselves from Trump's position. If Trump wants to continue to make money on his own golf courses, he'll have to be more cautious about his racial stereotypes, and caution does not come naturally in his case.

Lastly, Trump attracts racists and tolerates racist employees, which means that he is still being sued for racial discrimination because of how some of his employees treat people of other races.

In sum, you can't call the residential racial discrimination story b.s. because it's own record. You can't deny that several institutions have cut off their ties with Trump because of what they claim to be his racist positions. That's not b.s. either. And if you pay closer attention, you will also observe that organizations have explicitly dissociated themselves from some of Trump's views on races.

John F

Post by John F » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:42 am

piston wrote:the major golf organizations, sensitive to any public perception of racial segregation in their sport (which segregation, of course, existed as late as the 1990s)
Not so you'd notice. Charlie Sifford became the first African-American on the PGA tour in 1961; Althea Gibson joined the LPGA tour in 1963. There were many famous African-American professional golfers before Tiger Woods. There was also lingering segregation, mainly at golf clubs in the South, but I don't call them major golf organizations.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 am

John F wrote:
piston wrote:the major golf organizations, sensitive to any public perception of racial segregation in their sport (which segregation, of course, existed as late as the 1990s)
Not so you'd notice. Charlie Sifford became the first African-American on the PGA tour in 1961; Althea Gibson joined the LPGA tour in 1963. There were many famous African-American professional golfers before Tiger Woods. There was also lingering segregation, mainly at golf clubs in the South, but I don't call them major golf organizations.
I had time to do some googling and enjoyed this article on caddies! Regards, Len :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/sport ... ccess.html

Also this timeline:

http://www.pga.com/timeline-african-ame ... ts-in-golf

piston

Post by piston » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:01 am

Hal Thompson's Shoal Creek, which hosted the PGA championship on two occasions, including in 1990, was still an all-White membership club that year, when Thompson fueled controversy about Black members:
His work through Thompson Realty Co. led to the development of one of the region's great golf courses in Shelby County and eventually fueled controversy and a national debate on minority membership in private clubs.

The course played host to the PGA Championship in 1984, the U.S. Golf Association's U.S. Amateur in 1986 and the PGA Championship again in 1990.

That year, a controversy erupted after Thompson was quoted in The Birmingham Post-Herald as saying the club could not be forced into accepting blacks as members.

Thompson maintained he was "totally misquoted" and apologized for misunderstandings. The club has since admitted black members, including former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2010/10 ... ll_th.html

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:35 am

Here is an interesting piece:

Who Are Trump's Supporters?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... rters.html
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:56 am

Trump calls on CNN to donate debate money to veterans

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... o-veterans
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

John F

Post by John F » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:18 pm

I didn't know she plays golf.
John Francis

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Limbaugh's theory on Why the Republican Establishment Theory on Trump Was Wrong: (and why he's getting a much large percentage of black supporters):

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/ ... _was_wrong
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Donald Trump lays out foreign and domestic strategies
GOP frontrunner on the migrant crisis, gay marriage debate, Iran nuke deal, and Black Lives Matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97oQN6jG4yE
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:24 pm

If you missed it last night, you've got to watch it tonight. The theme is ... Oreo cookies:

piston

Post by piston » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Trump on Carly Fiorina:
"Look at that face!" he cries. "Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!" The laughter grows halting and faint behind him. "I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"
Rolling Stone

Let's analyze this because it's another side of Trump, his misogyny. Did he say anything like that about Huckabee (not pretty at all), Bush (hardly Mr. Universe), Cruz (robotic looking), Christie (I mean, look at that face!)?

Of course not.

His assessment of female politicians is physical; his take on male politicians is pseudo-intellectual.

He is, by definition, a misogynous person, and that's no b.s.!

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:52 am

piston wrote:Trump on Carly Fiorina:
"Look at that face!" he cries. "Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!" The laughter grows halting and faint behind him. "I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"
Rolling Stone

Let's analyze this because it's another side of Trump, his misogyny. Did he say anything like that about Huckabee (not pretty at all), Bush (hardly Mr. Universe), Cruz (robotic looking), Christie (I mean, look at that face!)?

Of course not.

His assessment of female politicians is physical; his take on male politicians is pseudo-intellectual.

He is, by definition, a misogynous person, and that's no b.s.!
Can your provide us the whole interview transcript or even a video of the interview? I have a theory that Trump has her in mind for VP if he wins the nomination. From what I've seen, he's been very complimentary towards her and thinks highly of her.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)