Decanting Young Wines

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

Decanting Young Wines

Post by Belle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 pm

Let an expert show you how!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTeqgZgVytU

lennygoran

Re: Decanting Young Wines

Post by lennygoran » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 am

Belle wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 pm
Let an expert show you how!!
Belle thanks-still I have to confess the wines drunk in our house aren't worthy of a decanting. Regards, Len :(

Belle

Post by Belle » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:38 am

I laughed heartily like a mad relation when I read your comment!! :lol: Anyway, you have a wonderful taste in music - and that's something that will never come in a bottle!!

Belle

Post by Belle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:32 am

Enjoying a Friday wine after a hard working week!! Australian style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Irx4OyC1Mk

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:44 am

Belle wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:32 am
Enjoying a Friday wine after a hard working week!! Australian style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Irx4OyC1Mk
Belle I enjoyed the presentation and liked the grasses blowing in the wind behind Andrew-still sitting on the grass in shorts frightens me-lyme disease and other tick diseases are really dangerous-the situation continues to get worse-now there's Powassan--maybe Australia doesn't have such problems. Regards, Len

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2017/05/03/ti ... an-deadly/

Belle

Post by Belle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:34 pm

We do have some small instances of that disease, but it's comparatively rare. I think the little segment was filmed in somebody's backyard because I didn't recognize the winery surrounds, which are much more rugged!! Brown snakes are his biggest concern and even ours; they can kill huge cattle in 60 seconds. He gets them in the winery occasionally because the doors are left open quite a bit and they are hard to detect because it's dark in places and at a controlled temperature.

In his little segment he was addressing the "Angels" - who are the customers who buy online at Naked Wines!

There's a deadly tick in Wienerwald and we kept away from that place when we were in Austria because the authorities were so concerned about that problem. So much for the romantic Strauss waltzes about the Woods - perhaps this was one of the "Tales"! :roll:

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Belle wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:34 pm
Brown snakes are his biggest concern and even ours
Eek! Regards, Len

Belle

Post by Belle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 pm

We had this problem big time on our farm too, when 'brownies' would lurk amongst the 110,000 chickens! And the snakes would rear up if approached and even chase you!! My husband used to break their backs with a rigid piece of wire - or run over them on the dirt road of the farm. There are lots of them in Australia and we've seen them here in our suburban 1 acre backyard. (Have to always keep the doors closed on the three garages.) We lost farm dogs (Rhodesian Ridgebacks) because of brown snakes, but no children fortunately. And now I worry about the grandchildren at the winery!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_brown_snake

We planted 2,500 trees on our farm, from tube stock. One day I was walking down the front paddock to check some of them and I saw what I thought was a lizard. To my horror it was a young Brown and it reared up at me and chased me all the way back to the house!!

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Belle wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 pm
To my horror it was a young Brown and it reared up at me and chased me all the way back to the house!!
Belle my snake problems around our pond pales by what you are going through. Regards, Len

PS-that orange mass was one of our koi.

Belle

Post by Belle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 pm

LEN!!!!! These are disgusting. In Australia brown snakes are "protected"!!! You're not supposed to kill them. We had the rigid wire, the tractor wheels and a gun - that was OUR protection. All the same, one day my son shot a brown snake and it took ages to die; I hated seeing that thing writhing and suffering, to tell the truth. These things were always distressing - anything involving dying animals. I couldn't deal with it.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:47 am

Belle wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 pm
I couldn't deal with it.
Belle I could hardly deal with that water snake snatching and swallowing my poor goldfish and all I could do was stand there and watch. The snakes-yes there were actually 3 of them-- liked to rest underneath the cover we have for the pump that handles the waterfalls. Fortunately we didn't see them there this year. Regards, Len :(