Pretty Yende, soprano (quite a find)

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Pretty Yende, soprano (quite a find)

Post by Lance » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:28 pm

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... US218_.jpg
Sony Classical 32169
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... US218_.jpg
Sony Classical 43015

PRETTY YENDE, soprano
Born: 6 March 1985 (age 33 at this writing)
Piet Retief, Mpumalanga, South Africa

Indeed, great artists of all kinds come from all over the world. But, quite honestly, I never heard of Piet Retief, Mpumalanga in South Africa. Her inspiration was from hearing another singer early-on and then her own career unfolds to international attention, and a recording contract with Sony Classical, who seems to be doing more releases lately of vocal artists.

I have listened to this glistening soprano's voice on these two Sony Classical albums and am eager to hear more. If you love the music of Rossini, Delibes, Bellini, Gounod, Donizetti, and Meyerbeer, I believe you will be delighted with what you hear. I've been slow to catch up on vocal recordings recently because I already have so much gold, silver, platinum on so many discs. But this is a good investment!
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

lennygoran

Re: Pretty Yende, soprano (quite a find)

Post by lennygoran » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Lance we heard her live at the Met in I Puritani-she was incredible-we'll see her again this season in La Fille du Regiment! Regards, Len

maestrob

Re: Pretty Yende, soprano (quite a find)

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:45 am

Lance, I'm delighted that you are finally catching up on your vocal releases. Pretty Yende has been a star in my firmament since I posted a review of her debut disc about a year ago. She's the real deal!

Glad to know you like her as well!