Our first Pergolesi Lo Frate 'nnamorato

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Our first Pergolesi Lo Frate 'nnamorato

Post by lennygoran » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 pm

We watched this this afternoon-kind of static with a nice ending-still for most of the time the plot was just a little too ridiculous for us. Glad to have it from Netflix traditionally done with good singing, acting and production-nice music and captions. Len

Netflix describes it this way.

Fans of comic opera rejoice! Under the baton of conductor Ricardo Muti, the renowned Teatro La Scala (including Alessandro Corbelli, Nuccia Focile and Amelia Felle) performs Giovanni Battista Pergolesi's nearly forgotten 18th century baroque comedy of romantic mishaps and mix-ups. High production values and impressive vocal and musical talent add luster to this tale of three arranged (or misarranged) marriages.
Cast Amelia Felle, Alessandro Corbelli, Nuccia Focile, Luciana D'Intino, Bernadette Manca di Nissa, Bruno De Simone, Nicoletta Curiel, Elizabeth Norberg-Schulz, Luca Bonini, Ezio Di Cesare

maestrob

Re: Our first Pergolesi Lo Frate 'nnamorato

Post by maestrob » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:00 am

Interesting! Don't know any of the cast except for Muti of course. We don't have Netflix, so will check it out on amazon. I love Baroque opera, goes without saying! :D

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 am

maestrob wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:00 am
Interesting! Don't know any of the cast except for Muti of course. We don't have Netflix, so will check it out on amazon. I love Baroque opera, goes without saying! :D
Brian Corbelli is great and has done quite a bit for the Met-this is his kind of role. As for the opera glad we saw it despite its problems-it definitely in our opinion doesn't rise to the level of Rossini-now we're going to have check out La serva padrona -it's been so long and I seem to recall we really liked that one. Regards, Len

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 am

lennygoran wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 am
maestrob wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:00 am
Brian Corbelli is great and has done quite a bit for the Met-this is his kind of role. As for the opera glad we saw it despite its problems-it definitely in our opinion doesn't rise to the level of Rossini-now we're going to have check out La serva padrona -it's been so long and I seem to recall we really liked that one. Regards, Len
Found a DVD for $2.00 and ordered it! Lots of copies available for a bit more: very reasonable. Will report eventually when we watch it. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:09 pm

maestrob wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 am
Found a DVD for $2.00 and ordered it! Lots of copies available for a bit more: very reasonable. Will report eventually when we watch it. Thanks for the suggestion! :D
Brian talk about finds Netflix didn't have a Padrona and the one fromAmazon came with strings attached-then I found a VCR John F gave me along time ago and it had captions in English-Sue and I will check this out and report back to you! Regards, Len :D