Trifonov's 2018 Verbier Prokofieff PC # 2

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Trifonov's 2018 Verbier Prokofieff PC # 2

Post by Rach3 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Was not going to watch , but glad I did. With Noseda, Verbier Festival Orchestra . Simply put , not to be missed !!:

https://www.medici.tv/en/concerts/nosed ... v-matsuev/

The link is ok, “ matsuev “ is a typo.

I would have suggestions for the 3rd mov. here, but small potatoes.

Belle

Re: Trifonov's 2018 Verbier Prokofieff PC # 2

Post by Belle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm just watching this (husband is outside with pop music putting a timber deck in the alfresco area!) and I'm surprised at the very young people in the Verbier Festival Orchestra, many looking like they've only just come out of the music academy!

Noseda is an interesting conductor and I remember first seeing him conducting the "Eroica" in the film "In Search of Beethoven" and talking about Beethoven. He's a cutie!!! :oops:

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:34 pm
Was not going to watch , but glad I did. With Noseda, Verbier Festival Orchestra . Simply put , not to be missed !!:

Tried this link, and signed up, but the stream kept breaking up and interrupting the program, so I gave up. I note that Trifonov is now sporting a beard.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:12 pm

maestrob wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:53 pm
Tried this link, and signed up, but the stream kept breaking up and interrupting the program, so I gave up.

Sorry, no clue here, perhaps and ISP issue ? Might try using a different browser or , even better , watching in the later evening on a weekday when Internet traffic volume here and in Europe is less.

Belle

Post by Belle » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:21 pm

maestrob wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:53 pm
Rach3 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Tried this link, and signed up, but the stream kept breaking up and interrupting the program, so I gave up. I note that Trifonov is now sporting a beard.
It takes a long time to load the programs and they do break up intermittently, but overall I've been able to successfully watch. As was suggested, try watching when there's less traffic. BTW, I also have the same trouble with the BP Digital Concert Hall. This week I'm driving to Sydney to my hi-fi man to get some Heos speakers which will be connected to my desktop via an M2Tech USB stick. I want better sound from these broadcasts, with my main hi-fi right down the other end of the house - out of the computer's reach. That's the trouble with desktop - it can't go anywhere, though I enjoy the big screen and ZERO wires and cables. I'm dreading the 'download' necessary for the M2Tech - that will be the weakest link in the chain!

My sister in Sydney has recently had her entire house wired for computer, hi-fi system and TV and she even bought a turntable. $12,000 Australian, which was very reasonable indeed. I just want the computer part now.