Search found 9547 matches

by jserraglio
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:05 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Scott Morrison's latest folly
Replies: 6
Views: 135

Re: Scott Morrison's latest folly

Most likely voted in by fringe-worthy females.

Image
by jserraglio
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:34 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Scott Morrison's latest folly
Replies: 6
Views: 135

Re: Scott Morrison's latest folly

The summer soldiers and sunshine patriots who once stoutly defended Scott Morrison (not to mention Donald Trump) now speak in an even more shrilly voice when damning the former PM’s performance than they used in attacking the Left — Dictator! & Victimizer! Such two facedness is beyond contempt — it ...
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Trump Executive Nears Plea Deal With Manhattan Prosecutors
Replies: 1
Views: 32

Re: Trump Executive Nears Plea Deal With Manhattan Prosecutors

Thanks, regardless of AW’s refusal to finger the Capo dei capi, this news should ruin Donald’s AZ & AK Primary Day. Now let’s see what Rudy does in Georgia.

If my CFO and my General Counsel each become a target in separate and distinct criminal probes, can my own indictment be far behind?
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:32 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Defamation Suit About Election Falsehoods Puts Fox on Its Heels
Replies: 3
Views: 61

Re: Defamation Suit About Election Falsehoods Puts Fox on Its Heels

It's an old psychological maxim that when a guilty person criticizes you he/she is only telling you all himself him or herself!! You tell us all about yourself. As someone here advised you recently, peer into the mirror next time you pass one. You will recognize the person whereof you speak in your...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law
Replies: 11
Views: 169

Re: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law

Here is a good example of rationalization (since you don’t appear to know what the word actually means) — and of circular ratiocinative logic to boot. Trump voters . . . were effectively a mirror image of his and their opposition. _____________________ You have your facts, we have our alternative f...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:39 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law
Replies: 11
Views: 169

Re: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law

It's the American people who need to do the 'rationalizing'. Rationalizing ? Really? Americans "need" to rationalize? Thank you very much for the advice, dear Mrs. Malaprop, but you are defacing for the umpteenth time one of the very few things we have in common. ________________________ “If you be...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:32 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Dr. Peterson with Professor McGilchrist from Oxford University
Replies: 3
Views: 115

Re: Dr. Peterson with Professor McGilchrist from Oxford University

Classic Twitter. Nope. Just a devotee of quotidian heroic couplet. Thus does the twaddler ever twitter on: ‘Guru of gurus, Jordan Peterson’. _____________________ You have your facts, we have our alternative facts. (Kellyanne Conway) “You know, you had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t eve...
by jserraglio
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:39 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Dr. Peterson with Professor McGilchrist from Oxford University
Replies: 3
Views: 115

Re: Dr. Peterson with Professor McGilchrist from Oxford University

One is constantly nagged to “Feel the Bern” here, not for Bernie Sanders (Heaven forfend!), but for J. Bernt Payterson. ________________________ “If you believe that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you denounced as a communist 75 yea...
by jserraglio
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:21 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law
Replies: 11
Views: 169

Re: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law

The end is near for the former guy. Remember, he's a cornered rat now. Amazing things will happen between now and election day 2024, you can be sure. Never forget. :twisted: Even rats serve a purpose on this Earth and should not be summarily eraticated. Would you then say that things will become mo...
by jserraglio
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:42 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law
Replies: 11
Views: 169

Re: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law

maestrob wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:33 am
The end is near for the former guy.

Remember, he's a cornered rat now.

Amazing things will happen between now and election day 2024, you can be sure.

Never forget. :twisted:
Even rats serve a purpose on this Earth and should not be summarily eraticated.
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law
Replies: 11
Views: 169

Re: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law

The New Yorker Aug. 8, 2022 by Susan B. Glasser & Peter Baker In the days after the Lafayette Square incident, [Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Mark] Milley sat in his office at the Pentagon, writing and rewriting drafts of a letter of resignation. There were short versions of the letter; th...
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:48 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law
Replies: 11
Views: 169

Re: The Absurd Argument Against Making Trump Obey the Law

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51948937299_e2d55f945c_o.jpg “Mr. President, all roads with you lead to Putin. You gave Russia Ukraine and Syria.” The New Yorker Aug. 8, 2022 by Susan B. Glasser & Peter Baker In the fall of 2019, nearly a year after Trump named him the next chairman of the Join...
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:23 pm
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: Hey! More ORMANDY (from the 1930s)
Replies: 16
Views: 267

Re: Hey! More ORMANDY (from the 1930s)

I didn't lose it all, just part, because I had a backup. Turns out, I didn't lose the 1932 Sibelius 4th after all. I only had a 1962 broadcast of it by Stoki & the Phillies and that survived the crash. The premiere 4th has been released on Naxos 8.111399.
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:35 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: WSJ EXCLUSIVE — FBI Seized 4 Sets of Top Secret Docs Plus Various Compartmented Docs Trump Squirreled Away
Replies: 5
Views: 161

Re: WSJ EXCLUSIVE — FBI Seized 4 Sets of Top Secret Docs Plus Various Compartmented Docs Trump Squirreled Away

Joseph what's with the seizing-all they had to do was ask for them :lol: and weren't they planted anyway :lol: :lol: Regards, Len The docs were hidden on Hunter Biden’s laptop and Hillary Clinton’s server. It’s all their fault. In reality, I think the top secret compartmented docs they seized were ...
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:28 am
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: Hey! More ORMANDY (from the 1930s)
Replies: 16
Views: 267

Re: Hey! More ORMANDY (from the 1930s)

CharmNewton wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:08 pm
Leopold Stokowski made the first recording of the Symphony No. 4 in Philadelphia.
I used to own it on shellac and hope a transfer survived a HD crash. I’ll check. It sounds great. LS of course tinkers with the score.
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:26 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: WSJ EXCLUSIVE — FBI Seized 4 Sets of Top Secret Docs Plus Various Compartmented Docs Trump Squirreled Away
Replies: 5
Views: 161

Re: WSJ EXCLUSIVE — FBI Seized 4 Sets of Top Secret Docs Plus Various Compartmented Docs Trump Squirreled Away

Genitals are just not qualification enough for that kind of gig!! Well, I live in flyover country and manage to interact amicably with GOPers on a daily basis. And, dear Belle, it might be better to keep those views about other women’s genitalia on the q.t., no? Additionally, I would point out that...
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:41 pm
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Rochberg: Symphony No. 2 world premiere. 1959 Szell/Cleveland.

Who knew Szell championed a serialist work.
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:18 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: WSJ EXCLUSIVE — FBI Seized 4 Sets of Top Secret Docs Plus Various Compartmented Docs Trump Squirreled Away
Replies: 5
Views: 161

WSJ EXCLUSIVE — FBI Seized 4 Sets of Top Secret Docs Plus Various Compartmented Docs Trump Squirreled Away

COMMENT—I volunteer to serve on the grand jury. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52131589648_5af51ecfb9_o.jpg FBI Recovered 11 Sets of Classified Documents in Trump Search, Inventory Shows Trump allies claim the former president declassified the documents recovered from Mar-a-Lago FBI agents who...
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:43 am
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Schumann: Manfred Overture
Benjamin Lees: Concerto for String Quartet and Orchestra
Walton: Variations of a Theme by Hindemith
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 (Emperor)


Cleveland Orchestra
George Szell, conductor
Clifford Curzon, piano
Jan 26, 1967
WCLV broadcast
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:38 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: When America Joined the Cult of the Confederacy
Replies: 4
Views: 115

Re: When America Joined the Cult of the Confederacy

david johnson wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:32 am
Well, I obviously disagree with that statement.
Everybody looks thru their own window. Mine on the world was shaped by finding myself verbally, then physically under attack by a mob of Rebel-flag-waving thugs in D.C.
by jserraglio
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:48 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Jordan Peterson unpacks cancel culture and woke narcissism
Replies: 1
Views: 69

Re: Jordan Peterson unpacks cancel culture and woke narcissism

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52279804918_56e8587f8e_o.jpg https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52279773456_c723f18d6d_o.jpg Once you’re accused of virtue signaling, you can’t do anything right. — The Financial Times ________________________ “If you believe that everyone should play by the sam...
by jserraglio
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:54 am
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Leopold Stokowski & the Hollywood Bowl SO => Bach Matthäus-Passion, abridged and sung in English, 1946.
by jserraglio
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:33 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Hidden Cameras Expose Taliban’s Toxic Masculinity
Replies: 1
Views: 61

Hidden Cameras Expose Taliban’s Toxic Masculinity

Afghanistan Undercover PBS FRONTLINE Season 2022 Episode 11 | 54m 23s https://www.pbs.org/video/afghanistan-undercover-qttrzo/ An undercover investigation into the Taliban’s crackdown on women in Afghanistan. FRONTLINE correspondent Ramita Navai finds women who are being punished by the regime and ...
by jserraglio
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:22 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: NZ's descent into ethno-nationalism
Replies: 6
Views: 124

Re: NZ's descent into ethno-nationalism

Holden Fourth wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 am
When you hear phrases like "but the ........ tastes so much better in NZ" you can insert so many things into that space.
Kiwi?
by jserraglio
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:18 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: When America Joined the Cult of the Confederacy
Replies: 4
Views: 115

Re: When America Joined the Cult of the Confederacy

david johnson wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:39 am
I say leave the fort names alone.
I completely agree. Those names emblazon shame like a scarlet letter and as such must be allowed to live on in infamy. The crimes of their namesakes should not be forgotten.
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:54 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: WSJ Report — FBI & DOJ were concerned that Donald would use national security docs as ersatz Charmin
Replies: 2
Views: 72

WSJ Report — FBI & DOJ were concerned that Donald would use national security docs as ersatz Charmin

FBI Search of Trump Property Prompted by Concerns Over Sensitive Documents The search was conducted about two months after Trump lawyers met with DOJ officials Federal agents searched former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home on Monday in part because they believed additional classified infor...
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:45 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: F.B.I. Fires a Shot Across the Bow of the Big Kahuna — Mar-a-Lago Ransacked Today
Replies: 9
Views: 164

Re: F.B.I. Fires a Shot Across the Bow of the Big Kahuna — Mar-a-Lago Ransacked Today

Why can't a candidate be prosecuted? Is there some legal ruling? Not even for treason? Technically, a presidential candidate can be prosecuted. But what if he were later to be elected president? Then he would be shielded according to longstanding DOJ rule, a policy which Robt. Mueller recently chos...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:58 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: F.B.I. Fires a Shot Across the Bow of the Big Kahuna — Mar-a-Lago Ransacked Today
Replies: 9
Views: 164

Re: F.B.I. Fires a Shot Across the Bow of the Big Kahuna — Mar-a-Lago Ransacked Today

He will announce his candidacy for the presidency before long, if only to erect a shield against prosecution. He really cannot wait too much longer after today. Once that happens, good luck finding a jury to convict him were he to be indicted. Knowing that, he might be willing to take the risk of go...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:34 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: F.B.I. Fires a Shot Across the Bow of the Big Kahuna — Mar-a-Lago Ransacked Today
Replies: 9
Views: 164

F.B.I. Fires a Shot Across the Bow of the Big Kahuna — Mar-a-Lago Ransacked Today

NYT F.B.I. Searches Trump’s Home in Florida The former president said in a statement that Mar-a-Lago had been “raided, and occupied by a large group of F.B.I. agents.” The search appeared to be focused on material that former President Donald J. Trump had brought with him to Mar-a-Lago, his private...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:09 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Power does not determine life's journey
Replies: 1
Views: 94

Re: Power does not determine life's journey

This disingenuous verbiage is being strongly resisted by people with cool heads who understand that any new 'power' will not result in the slightest improvement in the lives of those living in remote communities who daily endure violence, rape, alcohol and drug abuse and dysfunction; whose children...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:12 pm
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Szell & The Cleveland Orchestra - Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6 1969 Blossom Music Festival WCLV broadcast. Though he did record him, Szell was not a conductor I ever associated with Tchaikovsky, let alone with the Pathetique, which I'm pretty sure he never recorded commercially; but this is a very sen...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:03 pm
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Ormandy-Philadelphia Orchestra - Tchaikovsky: Symphony 6 (13.12.1936 & 9.1.1937), Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, arr. Cailliet (17.10.1937). Biddulph 1997. Transfers by Mark Obert-Thorn. Two firsts here: the PIT 6th was Ormandy's first recording with the Philadelphians. The Pictures was the...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:30 am
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Ormandy-Philadelphia Orchestra - Tchaikovsky: Symphony 6 (13.12.1936 & 9.1.1937), Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, arr. Cailliet (17.10.1937). Biddulph 1997. Transfers by Mark Obert-Thorn. Two firsts here: the PIT 6th was Ormandy's first recording with the Philadelphians. The Pictures was the ...
by jserraglio
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:16 am
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Stokowski-Philadelphia Orchestra - Mahler Symphony No. 2 (Nov. 9, 1967). Stoki, true to form, makes cuts in the last mvmt.
by jserraglio
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:42 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Limits of Radical Protest
Replies: 7
Views: 238

Re: The Limits of Radical Protest

I don't know why Deplorables even bother learning to read. They were far happier barefoot and illiterate. ________________________ Q: What does Justice Samuel Alito have in common with Don Vito Corleone? A: He makes us an offer we can't refuse. [/size]Are you sure they all can? Of course they can. ...
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:09 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Inside LAX with Airport Operations
Replies: 3
Views: 164

Re: Inside LAX with Airport Operations

Hear Ye Hear Ye!

Better a Tweet in hand than a hard Righty in the tush.
________________________
‘They that polluteth the race and maketh the parti-colored beast with two backs, let them be anathema to you’. (Viktor Orban addressing CPAC)
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:52 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Limits of Radical Protest
Replies: 7
Views: 238

Re: The Limits of Radical Protest

I don't know why Deplorables even bother learning to read. They were far happier barefoot and illiterate.
________________________
Q: What does Justice Samuel Alito have in common with Don Vito Corleone? A: He makes us an offer we can't refuse.
by jserraglio
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:48 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: The Limits of Radical Protest
Replies: 7
Views: 238

Re: The Limits of Radical Protest

A long read, containing some inconvenient truths. Ergo, I don't expect anybody here to read it Imagine, if you can, where we would be now if Thomas Paine had hewn to that line in “Common Sense”. ________________________ Bite your thumb at the truth all you please, Nature doesn’t care. https://live....
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:49 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Inside LAX with Airport Operations
Replies: 3
Views: 164

Re: Inside LAX with Airport Operations

Whataboutism being about the only tool in the alt-Right’s ditzy intellectual arsenal, I relish hoisting one of its most fervent fangirls with her own petard. Chaos at Sidney and Melbourne airports with 41 flights cancelled August 2, 2022 https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/chaos-at-melbour...
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:32 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: How Anti-Racism is Hurting Black America
Replies: 1
Views: 109

Re: How Anti-Racism is Hurting Black America

Image
________________________
Truth doesn't give a flying flamingo about your alternate facts.
by jserraglio
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:13 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Please,Nancy,Don't Go
Replies: 13
Views: 301

Re: Please,Nancy,Don't Go

What do you think happens when somebody tries to intervene while two savage dogs are fighting? I know what happens. The feckless Damsel Down Under screams, falls to her knees and begs Speaker Pelosi to order the more gallant of the two savage beasts to rescue her. https://live.staticflickr.com/6553...
by jserraglio
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:37 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Please,Nancy,Don't Go
Replies: 13
Views: 301

Re: Please,Nancy,Don't Go

Meanwhile, as U.S. protectorate Oz nuclearizes her subs con China, she continues to ship it her dirty coal. If she ain’t careful she’s gonna get her tits caught in a wringer. China is no match militarily for us and Jinny knows it. Just look at the antiquated boats and planes they are now circling Ta...
by jserraglio
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:22 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Please,Nancy,Don't Go
Replies: 13
Views: 301

Re: Please,Nancy,Don't Go

maestrob wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:16 am
It's worth noting though that . . . There's just too many of them.
We could help with that if ole Jinpinny insists.
by jserraglio
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:37 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Identifying the western world's unique form of creeping totalitarianism
Replies: 9
Views: 298

Re: Identifying the western world's unique form of creeping totalitarianism

Belle wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:11 pm
I got the word from Christopher Hitchens
Here all along I thought you had mixed up progressives’ resplendent refulgences with reactionaries’ acidic refluxes.
________________________
Truth doesn't give a damn about your alternate facts.
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:21 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Kansans to Alito Court: ‘Take Dobbs and Shove It’
Replies: 4
Views: 157

Kansans to Alito Court: ‘Take Dobbs and Shove It’

Kansas City Star ELECTIONS ‘No’ prevails: Kansas votes to protect abortion rights in state constitution August 02, 2022 11:09 PM The right to an abortion will remain in the Kansas Constitution. In the first ballot test of abortion rights in a post-Roe America, Kansas voters turned out in historic n...
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:36 pm
Forum: Classical Music Chatterbox
Topic: What I listened to today
Replies: 1982
Views: 1248549

Re: What I listened to today

Glenn Gould —> ‘How Mozart Became a Bad Composer’. The problem is, GG proposes, “Too many of his works sound like interoffice memos.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pR74rorRxs Yep, this nut *was* a genius. I laughed all the way thru his stunning commentary exploding my presuppositions EXCEPT when ...
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:09 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Please,Nancy,Don't Go
Replies: 13
Views: 301

Re: Please,Nancy,Don't Go

In my view, Xi won’t do anything to really threaten the goose that laid China’s golden egg, namely the American market. He’s not about to sacrifice his best customer for a “gas station masquerading as a country.” He doesn’t appear eager either to grant Pariah Putin another face-to-face meeting. But ...
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:57 pm
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: AG Garland hauls Idaho’s ultra-Right, right-to-life absolutists into court
Replies: 2
Views: 120

AG Garland hauls Idaho’s ultra-Right, right-to-life absolutists into court

CNBC The U.S. Justice Department filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking to block Idaho’s new restrictive abortion law on the grounds that it violates federal law requiring most hospitals to give medically necessary treatment to patients before discharging them. Attorney General Merrick Garland is scheduled...
by jserraglio
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:21 am
Forum: Corner Pub
Topic: Please,Nancy,Don't Go
Replies: 13
Views: 301

Re: Please,Nancy,Don't Go

I disagree with TF. She is laying down a marker for freedom of movement NOW. She aint gonna abide China's Hong Kongism. Realpolitik be damned! And I hope Pelosi tears up any bluster emanating from Paper Tiger Xi. How I wish she were 20 years younger and able to run for the office she completely ran ...