Today's Le carnaval de Venise André Campra.

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Today's Le carnaval de Venise André Campra.

Post by lennygoran » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Wow, what a production-the combination of opera and ballet was just amazing-their summary below expresses my feeling! Sorry my stream had to be seen on the 23 inch computer rather than through my 50 inch TV but we don't have one of the smart TV's and it couldn't be streamed through our roku. The stream cost $25 but we're so glad to have seen it! Regards, Len

BEMF’s GRAMMY–winning Musical Directors Paul O’Dette and Stephen Stubbs and internationally acclaimed Stage Director Gilbert Blin lead the production, which features an outstanding cast of 19 singers, the 27-member Boston Early Music Festival Orchestra led by Concertmaster Robert Mealy, a troupe of 10 Baroque dancers led by Dance Director Melinda Sullivan and performing choreography by Caroline Copeland, lavish costumes designed by Anna Watkins, and sumptuous staging inspired by the color and variety of 17th-century operatic spectacle. Learn more at https://bemf.org/2021-festival/festival ... ece-opera/

maestrob

Re: Today's Le carnaval de Venise André Campra.

Post by maestrob » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 pm

This looks interesting, Len, thanks. I'll find the time to see it soon. My opera day is Tuesdays, so let's see.

lennygoran

Re: Today's Le carnaval de Venise André Campra.

Post by lennygoran » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm

maestrob wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 pm
This looks interesting, Len, thanks. I'll find the time to see it soon. My opera day is Tuesdays, so let's see.
Brian we really enjoyed it-they pulled out all the stops! I also wanted to stream the new Glass opera but applied for a ticket too late-100 seks[$12]. Regards, Len