Alexander Spendiarov's piano music

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Alexander Spendiarov's piano music

Post by Lance » Tue May 04, 2021 3:35 pm

Grand Piano has issued a two-CD set [852-853] of music by Alexander Afanasyevich Spendiarov [Spendarian] {1871-1928}, a pupil of Rimsky-Korsakov and friend of Glazunov. This is the complete piano solo and chamber music performed by Mikael Ayrapetyan (and company in chamber music). I was so impressed with Ayrapetyan's Tigan Chukajian's piano music [GP-859] that I had to hear more by this pianist, not only for his personal artistry (beautifully recorded in Moscow), and Chukajian's music, it melds Russian and Armenian elements in a clever manner. I am more impressed with the chamber music selections with violin and cello all on disc 2 with both, Mikael and his wife, Yliua Ayrapetyan as the piano collaborators. The cellist is Demian Fokin while the violinist is Vladimir Sergeev. ♫
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

Rach3

Re: Alexander Spendiarov's piano music

Post by Rach3 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Many thanks for this ! All new for me.
Some samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epup0mQUNsA “Erevan Etudes” (solo piano version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFcHQc2ieDw “Lullaby”

maestrob

Re: Alexander Spendiarov's piano music

Post by maestrob » Wed May 05, 2021 7:58 am

Lance wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:35 pm
Grand Piano has issued a two-CD set [852-853] of music by Alexander Afanasyevich Spendiarov [Spendarian] {1871-1928}, a pupil of Rimsky-Korsakov and friend of Glazunov. This is the complete piano solo and chamber music performed by Mikael Ayrapetyan (and company in chamber music). I was so impressed with Ayrapetyan's Tigan Chukajian's piano music [GP-859] that I had to hear more by this pianist, not only for his personal artistry (beautifully recorded in Moscow), and Chukajian's music, it melds Russian and Armenian elements in a clever manner. I am more impressed with the chamber music selections with violin and cello all on disc 2 with both, Mikael and his wife, Yliua Ayrapetyan as the piano collaborators. The cellist is Demian Fokin while the violinist is Vladimir Sergeev. ♫
More Armenian piano music, eh?

I'll be sure to give this a try, Lance! Thanks!

Have you heard this one yet? Oops, I see by your next post that you have! :wink: