Bard King Arthur wait list and live streaming

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Bard King Arthur wait list and live streaming

Post by lennygoran » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:36 am

Bard King Arthur wait list and live stream

I hadn't been aware Bard would be livestreaming and wait listing King Arthur-this could save a lot of extra drive time and costs for us. So now we see streaming being offered from both BEMF and Bard. It's too bad I didn't buy a smart TV-we bought our TV before smart TV became fashionable-we hadn't bought a new car since 2011 and now with our new car we had so much to learn-the new car with features like Sirius and access to sptify and even being able to answer and make speedcalls from the car and even more importantly things like Waze and google Maps and of course the camera in the back are just amazing features for us! Regards, Len [dinosaur]

What are some of the best practices for viewing livestreams?
Before the event
Connection speed
Check your connection speed. We recommend a download speed of at least 5 mbps. Click here to test your connection.

Web Browser
Check your web browser. For best results, we recommend using the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Firefox (note: we do not support Internet Explorer).

Technical Requirements
You can access performances on a PC or Mac in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari or on your mobile device using the latest version of the Safari or Chrome apps.

Cast the performances to your smart TV from your desktop computer or mobile device using Chromecast or AirPlay, or connect your computer to your TV with an HDMI cable. We do not recommend trying to access the links in a connected/smart TV browser.

Live In-Person & Virtual Livestreamed Event
King Arthur
(Le roi Arthus)
New Production
by Ernest Chausson
The American Symphony Orchestra
Conducted by Leon Botstein
Directed by Louisa Proske
Idealism, treachery, honor, and perfidy collide in this richly lyrical opera by French composer Ernest Chausson. This opulently scored work, which premiered in 1903, lays bare the tragedy of King Arthur’s betrayal at the hands of his queen Guinevere and his trusted knight Lancelot.

Considered one of the finest examples of French romanticism, King Arthur (Le roi Arthus) was composer Chausson’s only opera—his own composing career was tragically cut short by his early death at age 44.

Performed by a stellar cast, helmed by baritone Norman Garrett and mezzo-soprano Sasha Cooke, this production of King Arthur takes us to a world in the midst of upheaval where long-standing codes of honor and loyalty no longer hold sway.

SummerScape Specials for Members
This summer, virtual programming is free for members. Membership begins at $75. Please join us!
Livestreaming this Performance?
On the week of the performance—as well as one hour before start time—virtual livestream ticket holders will receive an email from Fisher Center Box Office which will include a private link to the livestream. For more information about livestreams–including viewing best practices–please visit our FAQs.
Event Schedule
July 25 at 6:30 pm
July 28 at 2 pm
July 30 at 4 pm
August 1 at 2 pm

TICKETS

The July 25 and July 28 performances of King Arthur will be livestreamed.

Livestream tickets: $10
(Free for members)

In-person tickets: Due to changing health and safety guidelines, our ticketing process begins with a waitlist sign-up this season.

FAQs
We are presenting all of the elements of an ambitious SummerScape and Bard Music Festival, “re-tuned” with the safety of our audiences, artists, and staff as a top priority.

This summer, we’re going all out to fulfill our mission of serving artists and audiences. We kept our pledge to continue programming throughout the year, especially in a time when artists and theater professionals have been suffering greatly.

In these changed times, offering live performance—whether in-person or streamed—calls for new procedures and plans. Read on to learn more.

This information was last updated on June 3, 2021.

Protocols are likely to change. Please check back closer to your performance for updates.
SummerScape 2021 Events

What programs will be included in the SummerScape 2021 festival?
Where will SummerScape 2021 performances take place?
Will artist talks and panel discussions be offered?
What changes in programming and services can I expect this season?
How do I watch livestream events?
What are some of the best practices for viewing livestreams?
Where can I find out more about your daily activities and announcements?
What is the age limit for SummerScape performances?
Are you hosting special events or tours?

Health and Safety

Do I need to remain physically distanced and masked even if I'm fully vaccinated?
What safety measures are the Fisher Center putting in place for the SummerScape 2021 festival?
What can audience members do to ensure a safe experience for all?

Tickets and Seating

What is ticket availability like?
When will I be able to purchase tickets?
How will seating be handled?
How does the waitlist work?
What if I need accessible seating?
Is the Fisher Center Box Office open?
I have a credit from previous ticket purchases. How can I use my credit?
What happens if I suspect I am ill and can no longer attend a performance?

About Montgomery Place

What do I need to know about visiting Montgomery Place?
How do I get to Montgomery Place?
Is parking available?
Will you offer concessions?
Does Montgomery Place have restrooms?
Is Montgomery Place accessible for persons with mobility limitations?
What is the plan for inclement weather?

Support

How can I help support the Fisher Center?
Are there special SummerScape benefits for Members? (Hint: Yes!)

maestrob

Re: Bard King Arthur wait list and live streaming

Post by maestrob » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:25 am

Len, this sounds interesting, thanks!

it's worth noting that there are two versions of Le Roi Arthus on Spotify. I'll be checking out one of these three soon, as I'm quite enamored with Botstein's work.

lennygoran

Re: Bard King Arthur wait list and live streaming

Post by lennygoran » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:28 pm

maestrob wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:25 am
it's worth noting that there are two versions of Le Roi Arthus on Spotify.
Brian yes I have one of them as a playlist from spotify-now I want the full production opera experience! Regards, Len :D