I've had a request ...

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

I've had a request ...

Post by Lance » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Yes, I have had a request to SELL CMG to a group buyer, second one I've had. Must be they like what they see, eh? I could not bring myself to do it ... UNLESS $5,000,000,000 was the offer! :lol:
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

david johnson

Re: I've had a request ...

Post by david johnson » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:25 am

Drat...I only have $4,999,999,999 :(

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:29 am

Goodness, Lance, that would change the whole character of our by now quite special community, don't you think?

I'm thankful that you turned this down.

I am curious though, what profit could come from what we do here? F'rinstance, I consider myself a well-informed former professional, but now an amateur enthusiast. I don't publish reviews here for profit, but rather to spread the word and inform those who love music as we all do. Yes, I'm pleased that the review thread now has well over 1.6 million hits so it's being used as a resource, but I'd be leery of commercializing those efforts.

I'd rather have this as a recreation, or a habit that I love, rather than be put under pressure to produce reviews of recordings that I don't choose for myself.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:33 am

Lance wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:48 pm
Yes, I have had a request to SELL CMG to a group buyer, second one I've had. Must be they like what they see, eh? I could not bring myself to do it ... UNLESS $5,000,000,000 was the offer! :lol:
Lance did it come from Zuckerberg at FB! Regards, Len [fleeing] :lol:

barney

Post by barney » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:05 am

Anybody paying money to buy it would want to monetise it somehow, Lance, which you conspicuously and nobly have not done. What would they have to change to do that?
Mind you, none of us would begrudge you a windfall after so many years of selfless work.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:12 am

barney wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:05 am
Anybody paying money to buy it would want to monetise it somehow, Lance, which you conspicuously and nobly have not done. What would they have to change to do that?
Mind you, none of us would begrudge you a windfall after so many years of selfless work.
This is certainly true.