23 Free Videos of Franco Corelli Available Here

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

maestrob

Re: 23 Free Videos of Franco Corelli Available Here

Post by maestrob » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:14 am

Just watched the Forza del Destino. Outstanding!

Wonderfully restored, I used to have this on an old videotape, but here both the sound and picture are infinitely better! Corelli is at his best here.

Recommended!

CharmNewton

Post by CharmNewton » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:36 pm

Many thanks for posting this. 18,000 operas on video. Wow is all I can say.

I'm a Franco Corelli fan. He could be a force, but was just as capable of sensitive and poetic singing as well. His voice is instantly recognizable. Am also looking to Cavalleria Rusticana with Rudolf Schock and Anneliese Rothenberger, although her role is likely to be minor that early in her career (1954). Schock was sometimes referred to as the "German Gigli". Here is a brief selection from a 1955 film that highlights the sweetness in Schock's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdnxRinGn4

John

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:01 am

CharmNewton wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:36 pm
Many thanks for posting this. 18,000 operas on video. Wow is all I can say.

I'm a Franco Corelli fan. He could be a force, but was just as capable of sensitive and poetic singing as well. His voice is instantly recognizable. Am also looking to Cavalleria Rusticana with Rudolf Schock and Anneliese Rothenberger, although her role is likely to be minor that early in her career (1954). Schock was sometimes referred to as the "German Gigli". Here is a brief selection from a 1955 film that highlights the sweetness in Schock's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdnxRinGn4

John
Thank-you John. That was extraordinary.

I love making new discoveries like this here!

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:49 am

Brian thanks-I'll be watching these over the next months for sure-you can even see them on youtube which means I can watch them with the roku on the biog TV screen downstairs! Regards, Len