Bocelli's new "Family Christmas" album on Decca

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Bocelli's new "Family Christmas" album on Decca

Post by Lance » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Listed as Capitol/Decca 448 2795

So we have Andrea, Matteo, and Virginia giving us a compilation of 13 tracks. There is no "outward" listing of accompaniment artists until you get to the credit page of the booklet. The arrangements are by Stephan Moccio. The album includes piano, keyboard, synthesizer, guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar and percussion, background voices, and a boy choir.

The music: Do You Hear What I Hear?, Away in a Manger, Feliz Navidad, The First Noel, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Over the Rainbow, Buon Natale, Joy to the World, The Greatest Gift, When Christmas Comes to Town, Happy Xmas (War is Over), Il giorno piu speciale, and I'll Be Home for Christmas.

I always try to pick up any Christmas album by a usually classically oriented singer. Those discs (such as the one Eileen Farrell did for Columbia) don't seem to linger forever though hers was reissued in her complete disc set for Sony. Some, like Flagstad, committed her voice to some Christmas songs, as did Rosa Ponselle, and on and on it may go.

I have not been yet inspired to play this disc, however. I'm not sure what to expect. "A Family Christmas," however, is a nice idea. ♫
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]