Juan Diego Florez with Peru Youth Orchestra at Salzburg Festival 2022

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Juan Diego Florez with Peru Youth Orchestra at Salzburg Festival 2022

Post by Rach3 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:20 pm

Must-see , period. Best 2 hours I’ve spent in awhile.

Inspiring.

Dont skip around, as the Medici “Program” listing leaves out 2 arias he sang, eg. “La furtiva lagrima “ and ( for me ) was not always clear which works are vocal ( at least 4 others in addition to the obvious ones ),which are orchestral, and in any event the orchestra’s playing is great, several wonderful orchestral and vocal works new to me and I suspect you, and some performance surprises.Florez was very, very generous in his offerings, in fine form and inspired himself, the Salzburg audience captivated by all.

https://www.medici.tv/en/concerts/rober ... ego-florez ( Free of charge, easy click. Flores speaks for about 10 minutes at the beginning. )

From Medici TV: “World-renowned tenor Juan Diego Flórez makes a triumphant return to the Salzburg Festival alongside the youth orchestra of Sinfonía por el Perú (a program founded by Flórez himself), led by maestro Roberto González-Monjas.”

“Founded in 2011 by the superstar tenor, Sinfonía por el Perú is a music education and social transformation program that has helped change the lives of thousands of at-risk children and young people. For this exceptional concert from the 2022 Salzburg Festival, the beautifully rich program includes a mix of opera classics by the likes of Rossini, Donizetti, Verdi, and Bizet, as well as vocal and instrumental works by composers from the Spanish-speaking world: Tomás Barrera, José Serrano, Gerónimo Giménez, Pablo Sorozábal, Daniel Alomía Robles, Gilberto Rojas Enríquez, and Porfirio Vásquez.”