Today's Met HD Encore Lohengrin

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:27 pm

Well I think we had over 10 people at the Rockaway NJ movie house-maybe 11 or 12. We thought the production was quite different from what we've seen before and quite wonderful-the visuals were just superb and so was Beczala-a lot of wonderful singing but also a truly unique and beautiful production! BTW the lunch sandwich at our isolated seats[baked virginia ham and swiss cheese on kaiser roll] just before the opera began had just the right amount of mustard! Regards, Len [grin]

maestrob

Re: Today's Met HD Encore Lohengrin

Post by maestrob » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:32 am

lennygoran wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:27 pm

Well I think we had over 10 people at the Rockaway NJ movie house-maybe 11 or 12. We thought the production was quite different from what we've seen before and quite wonderful-the visuals were just superb and so was Beczala-a lot of wonderful singing but also a truly unique and beautiful production! BTW the lunch sandwich at our isolated seats[baked virginia ham and swiss cheese on kaiser roll] just before the opera began had just the right amount of mustard! Regards, Len [grin]
Glad you liked it, Len! I haven't seen Lohengrin since Domingo sang the role ages ago. Not my favorite opera by Wagner, but it is beautiful.

lennygoran

Re: Today's Met HD Encore Lohengrin

Post by lennygoran » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:21 am

maestrob wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:32 am

Glad you liked it, Len! I haven't seen Lohengrin since Domingo sang the role ages ago. Not my favorite opera by Wagner, but it is beautiful.
Brian I have a feeling it will show up on PBS so maybe you can see the production there. Regards, Len