A new Alexandre Tharaud (pianist) CD - Erato

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

A new Alexandre Tharaud (pianist) CD - Erato

Post by Lance » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:32 pm

No, I don't really need any more recordings of Ravel's two piano concertos nor Falla's Nights in the Gardens of Spain all on one CD. But if Alexandre Tharaud does them, I do need it. He is one of the pianists that does a lot for me as a soloist, concertos, lieder/song collaborator, film and some popular music, and has a wide range of repertoire on quite a few labels. This new one, which took about five months to get here (for whatever reason) from November 2023. It's on Erato 76607 with the National Orchestra of France under the direction of Louis Langrée.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

maestrob

Re: A new Alexandre Tharaud (pianist) CD - Erato

Post by maestrob » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:36 am

Lance, I've been an admirer of Louis Langree's conducting ever since he took over the podium for the Mostly Mozart Festival here in NYC. His style is energetic with fascinating attention to detail without ever being fussy. I'm delighted he and Tharaud had a chance to record together, and will listen to this new release with pleasure.

Lance
Site Administrator

Re: A new Alexandre Tharaud (pianist) CD - Erato

Post by Lance » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:53 pm

You will enjoy this recording! The artists do a marvelous job - among the best recordings I've heard - and there are many. The Ravels sparkle! Tharaud/Langrée - a great combination.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]