GOP Senator Manchin

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

GOP Senator Manchin

Post by Rach3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:44 pm

lennygoran

Re: GOP Senator Manchin

Post by lennygoran » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 am

So what can we do-if he decides to really join or caucus with the Republicans Mitch would become Senate Majority Leader. Regards, Len :(

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:37 am

lennygoran wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 am
So what can we do-if he decides to really join or caucus with the Republicans Mitch would become Senate Majority Leader. Regards, Len :(
McConnell effectively already is.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:16 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:37 am

McConnell effectively already is.
Steve I don't think completely-a lot of Biden's Federal Judge nominations have gotten through for one thing. I'm not ready to give up yet although of course I'm far from ecstatic. Regards, Len :(

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:16 pm

A McConnell - Trump appointee Alt.Right Texas Federal Judge just invalidated Biden’s Federal employee vaccine mandate.Apparently 98% of Federal employees are already vaccinated, but the message is established that being anti - vax is OK.Just in time for the Kennedy anti-vax rally in DC tomorrow.And that Biden is against “freedom.”

McConnell has , with the help of deplorable Sinema and 74 % Manchin, stopped Biden’s domestic agenda with the exception of those bills McConnell largely supported for one reason or another ( including getting GOP Senators re-elected).Dems meanwhile bargained with themselves to reduce that agenda from $6T to $3.5T to $1.7T and still didn’t pass it.

SCOTUS ,with its 3 McConnell - Trump appointees , has so far gutted Roe v. Wade and private employer vaccine mandates.McConnell probably is happy with the ruling on releasing Trumps National Archive records given Trumps animosity toward McConnell.

Probably too early to give up, as you suggest, but McConnell’s doing pretty well for a Minority Leader.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:42 am

Rach3 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:16 pm
Probably too early to give up, as you suggest, but McConnell’s doing pretty well for a Minority Leader.
Steve yes he is-my hope is that the trump public hearings could hurt him and his republicans but that could be naive on my part-meantime sure hope we'll get to see the practice videos trump made to stop the riot which may show his state of mind. Regards, Len