TrumpReich in action

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Re: TrumpReich in action

Post by Rach3 » Fri May 03, 2024 6:18 pm

Voter suppression / intimidation:

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/02/hard-t ... ter-canvas

---------------

WAPO May 3:

" Our colleague Caroline Kitchener reports this morning on a potential new strategy by antiabortion activists to try to stop women from traveling out of state to end their pregnancies, based around an unusual legal mechanism often used in Texas.

When Collin Davis found out his ex-partner was planning to travel to Colorado to have an abortion in late February, the Texas man retained a high-powered antiabortion attorney — who court records show immediately issued a legal threat.

“If the woman proceeded with the abortion, even in a state where the procedure remains legal, Davis would seek a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the abortion and ‘pursue wrongful-death claims against anyone involved in the killing of his unborn child,’ the lawyer wrote in a letter, according to records. Now, Davis has disclosed his former partner’s abortion to a state district court in Texas," Caroline writes.

The previously unreported petition includes no evidence of illegal activity. Abortion rights advocates argue these types of legal actions are an effort to intimidate people who have done nothing wrong."

(Rach3: Let alone imposes huge, bankrupting legal expense on all the targets of this terrorism , even if the terrorists lose,the terrorists well-funded by the anti-abortion crazies.)

Belle

Post by Belle » Sat May 04, 2024 6:35 am

Completely over the top!! Absolutely off-the-charts commentary. When I cuddle my 7 month old grand-daughter I wonder how anybody can abort a life, except in the most extreme situations or a life-threatening one. In the vast, vast majority of cases there's no excuse because of the contraceptive Pill.

The same people fearful of Covid killing absolutely anybody are one and the same who perfunctorily support unconditional abortion. (Circa 1 million per year in the USA.) And those who railed against anybody who believed "my body my choice" when it came to refusing Covid vaccinations are also advocating the same 'my body my choice' for abortion. Talk about head-spinning cognitive dissonance.

What did happen to their CHOICE with refusing Covid-19 vaccination??!!! According to one person here they were 'idiots'. You just couldn't make this stuff up!!

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:47 am

Trump and GOP take pages from Putin's and Hitler's playbook:

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/10/trump- ... uels-biden

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 pm

From AxiosPM May 10. Racism alive and well:

"The school board in Shenandoah County, Virginia, voted early today to rename two public schools after Confederate leaders, Axios' Rebecca Falconer reports

Why it matters: The 5-1 vote is an apparent first-of-its-kind reversal of 2020-era racial justice reforms in schools. It comes after authorities began removing Confederate symbols from U.S. institutions and public spaces following protests and the murder of George Floyd.

💡 Between the lines: The Coalition for Better Schools, a local conservative group, pushed for the change.

Three conservatives who won seats on the board last year had vowed to eradicate the "woke Leftist agenda" from schools, The New York Times reported.

In July 2020, the previous board voted to drop the names of two schools, Stonewall Jackson High and Ashby-Lee Elementary — named for Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Turner Ashby.

They were renamed Mountain View High School and Honey Run Elementary School.
Zoom out: Shenandoah County is more than 93% white and voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump in 2020.

The reversal is part of what Axios has called "2020's great undoing."

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:22 pm

If you can’t beat ‘em, deny ‘em:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/15/politics ... index.html