Trump's first 100 days

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

barney

Trump's first 100 days

Post by barney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:53 pm

Fascinating piece from Politico on Trump's first 100 days as former President - a term he has rejected in favour of the 45th President, because former is for losers.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ays-484926

maestrob

Re: Trump's first 100 days

Post by maestrob » Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 am

Very insightful comment in the final paragraph:
“He’ll never wither away,” said Updegrove, the presidential historian. “In some respects, Donald Trump gains strength by being marginalized, by being underestimated. That’s what gets him up in the morning. That’s what gets his heartbeat going. He is going to fight every battle and ultimately lose every war. That’s just the nature of who he is. And it’s going to happen again in his post-presidency. It’s the one thing you can count on with Donald Trump. He can’t let anything go. He’s going to fight everything to the fullest extent that he’s able. And ultimately he’s going to lose.”
Precisely.

Never forget. :evil:

barney

Post by barney » Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Yes, Brian, I too thought that para particularly insightful. It's one of the reasons I posted it.

You're doing a good job of helping me not to forget. :lol:

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sat May 01, 2021 2:01 pm

barney wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 pm
Yes, Brian, I too thought that para particularly insightful. It's one of the reasons I posted it.

You're doing a good job of helping me not to forget. :lol:
:lol:

Barney, we've never had anyone in government that was even close to the former guy's twisted mentality, so the past four years have been an incredible shock to our body politic, and to me personally. The stain on our society will fade but never be erased completely, much as the dark shadow of slavery still corrupts our culture still to this day.

Just like the Holocaust, we in America should never forget DJT and his minions, and how they very nearly erased hundreds of years of positive momentum in the evolution of how we treat our fellow humans in just four short years.

The thought of anything like that returning terrifies me, as it should the whole civilized world. People who think like him are out there in tremendous numbers, and they threaten our stability and freedoms with every breath they take. They must never again be allowed to assume power, especially as we confront China and its budding alliance of autocracies in the 21st century.

barney

Post by barney » Sat May 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Exactly so, Brian. Well put.